Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (4) Wed. Big East Games 2/22/17

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Butler also beat Nova.
    Whoops. For whatever reason, I was thinking Nova only had one conference loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    I'm cheering for a NCAA bid first, then I'll worry about the rest of the conference. But...just to play the what if game.

If we go 3-0, Butler goes 1-2 (loss @ nova and @X/SHU), and Creighton goes 2-2 (losses @ Nova and @MU) down the stretch, we would be in a 3-way tie for 2nd at 11-7. Every team in the "mini-conference" would be 2-2, as we would sweep CU, CU swept Butler, and Butler swept us. The tiebreaker for the 2 seed would go to us by virtue of our win against Nova. Additionally, if X goes 3-1 with the 1 loss to us, and there is a 4 way tie above us, we would get the tiebreaker by going 4-2 in the mini-conference, I believe.

Obviously very unlikely, but if we're dreaming....
    Here's my best case scenario:

Butler: Lose @ Villanova, Lose @ Xavier, Lose v Seton Hall; 10-8
    Creighton: Lose v Providence, Lose @ Villanova, Win v St. John's, Lose @ Marquette; 10-8
    Xavier: Lose @ Seton Hall, Win @ Butler, Lose v Marquette, Win @ DePaul; 10-8
    Marquette: Win @ Providence, Win @ Xavier, Win v Creighton; 11-7
    Providence: Win @ Creighton, Lose v Marquette, Win v DePaul, Win @ St. John's; 9-9
    Seton Hall: Win v Xavier, Win @ DePaul, Lose v Georgetown, Win @ Butler; 9-9
    Georgetown: Win v DePaul, Win @ St. John's, Win @ Seton Hall, Lose v Villanova; 8-10

That would give the league a legit shot at 7 bids (including Villanova) and one in the NIT. Even if GT gets to 17-13, I think their only way in is the auto-bid, even if they beat Villanova, and I like the idea of Villanova only having 2 losses so as to make our win over them more valuable.

Georgetown up on DePaul 27-13
    Pryor with 9pts and Govan with 8 pts

Xavier 23 Seton Hall 21
    Bluiett with 7pts
    March Madness starts in November

13/25 shooting for DePaul, who leads at Georgetown at halftime. 39-36. 17-2 run to close the half on CBSSN.

Hoyas lose at home to DePaul ......boos from the crowd.

DePaul goes into Georgetown and wins, a place MU got blasted...unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Hoyas lose at home to DePaul ......boos from the crowd.
    Good for the refs for making that foul call with 0.2 left. Clutch free throws by Billy Garrett.

Hoyas clearly weren't ready to play.....like they were when they beat MU and Butler.

JT3s seat has to be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Good for the refs for making that foul call with 0.2 left. Clutch free throws by Billy Garrett.
    Reminds me of how we lost to them last year.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast