Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Pep Rally/Alumni Game

Tonight's Pep Rally/Alumni Game

For Immediate Release
    Pep Rally/Alumni Game Open MBB Reunion Weekend
    Over 40 former players confirmed for game at the Al
    Milwaukee –
    The University’s weekend-long National Marquette Day celebration begins Friday night with the third-annual outdoor pep rally as well as a special men’s basketball alumni game to tipoff 100th reunion events.

The pep rally begins at 6 p.m. in Lot F (across from Al McGuire Center) and concludes with fireworks at 6:45 p.m. Once the fireworks are complete, those in attendance are encouraged to warm up in the Al McGuire Center and watch Marquette’s former players take the court at 7 p.m. Former standouts Bo Ellis and Earl Tatum will serve as team captains and a postgame autograph session is planned on the court. See the list below for those players who have confirmed participation.

Nearly 200 former players, coaches and staff members will be on campus this weekend for not only Friday night’s festivities, but also a pregame reception and special recognition ceremony during halftime of Saturday night’s game against Xavier. Marquette is celebrating 100 years of men’s basketball in 2016-17.

National Marquette Day unites the Marquette nation united in pride and spirit to honor the values cherished throughout the year. Join President Dr. Michal R. Lovell, Vice President and Director of Athletics Bill Scholl, Head Basketball Coaches Carolyn Kieger, Comm ’06, and Steve Wojciechowski and former men's basketball player, Travis Diener, Comm '05, for a campus celebration to kick off this Marquette tradition at the pep rally.

This FREE event includes a s'more roast, mac and cheese, hot chocolate and special performances from our pep band, cheerleaders, dance team and the Golden Eagle. Event will be emceed by Adam Kouhel, Bus Ad '18, and Jim Love, Comm '13.

The first 500 attendees will receive a special Marquette giveaway.

Alumni Game Participants

31 - Gary Brell
    42 - Tommy Brice
    54 - Randy Buchmann
    32 - Joseph Chapman
    4 - John Cliff Jr.
    54 - Tom Copa
    10 - Tony Davis
    34 - Travis Diener
    13 - Ron Eford Jr.
    31 - Bo Ellis
    5 - Daniel Fitzgerald
    45 - Robert Frozena
    22 - William Gates
    21 - Artie Green
    23 - Tony Gries
    33 - Chris Grimm
    42 - Wade Harbin
    1 - Aaron Hutchins
    35 - Marcus Jackson
    51 - Pope Johnson
    20 - Abel Joseph
    40 - Mike Kinsella
    52 - Joe Krysiak
    45 - Craig Kuphall
    51 - Jamil Lott
    00 - Amal McCaskill
    34 - Jim McIIvaine
    5 - Scott Merritt
    10 - Johnny Miller
    50 - Joe Nethen Jr.
    21 - Ulice Payne Jr.
    21 - Benjamin Peavy
    40 - Terry Sanders
    54 - Adam Schabes
    30 - Greg Shimon
    12 - Michael Sims
    43 - Earl Tatum
    2 - Jake Thomas
    1 - Todd Townsend
    10 - Marcus West
    15 - Bob Wolf
    42 - Mark Worgull
    Last edited by IWB; 02-17-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Impressive list. Wish I was there. Was Terrell Schlundt invited?
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Sunny and mid 50s in Milwaukee, you couldn't ask for any better weather for the event.
    Great list of former players.

As far as the Alumni game, what is the over/under collectively on ruptured achilles, torn ACL and pulled hamstring?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    As far as the Alumni game, what is the over/under collectively on ruptured achilles, torn ACL and pulled hamstring?
    Looks like there are enough younger guys that they can actually play some.
    Cool event with this many former players coming. I bet there will be some darn good parties / stories being told somewhere this Friday and Sat night.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Looks like there are enough younger guys that they can actually play some.
    Hope that is the case - I remember the NBA had a legends type game or two during All-Star game weekend, but stopped in short order due primarily to all the injuries - seeing Tommy Heinsohn in a b-ball uni at that advanced age was not a pretty sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Sunny and mid 50s in Milwaukee, you couldn't ask for any better weather for the event.
    Great list of former players.
    Just like last year. What are the odds!
    March Madness starts in November

Here are the teams......I have to say I don't have recollection of a few of the players. Old age? Adam Schabes? Johnny Miller? Thought he was a golfer. Wade Harbin?

Good to see Amal involved.....and Goose Brell.

https://twitter.com/marquettembb/sta...97735212052480

No Murf--I thought he could still ball. I'm disappointed!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast