Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (3) Wed. Big East Games 2/15/17

Quote Originally Posted by MUwarrior1090 View Post
    Yeah, I'm all for the conference's best interests once Marquette is eliminated but until that point screw the conference. I want what's best for Marquette, and that's PC/SJU/SHU losing and creating some distance between us and them.
    I want 8 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament. Doubt it happens, but not impossible, and I don't think Providence, Seton Hall, and Georgetown winning will hurt us. Other than obviously the PC head to head.

Halftime.
    Xavier 31 Providence 29
    R. Gaston 12 pts 7 reb for Xavier
    March Madness starts in November

Nothing is bad for Marquette, other than themselves not winning. They control their fate. Standings don't mean anything in at-large picks. The committee says that. Jerry Palm says that.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Nothing is bad for Marquette, other than themselves not winning. They control their fate. Standings don't mean anything in at-large picks. The committee says that. Jerry Palm says that.
    It's not about the standings. These are fellow bubble teams. If we go 4-1 the rest of the regular season, it doesn't matter. However 3-2, would take some help (maybe a lot). I'd rather other teams around us not win.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I want 8 Big East teams in the NCAA Tournament. Doubt it happens, but not impossible, and I don't think Providence, Seton Hall, and Georgetown winning will hurt us. Other than obviously the PC head to head.
    C'mon Brew, you know better than that..There is NO chance in hell the Big East gets 8. There's a better chance MU still wins the BE, and you know what those chances are. Those teams winning would absolutely hurt MU. Once MU has eliminated themselves or played well enough to become a lock, then yes we can root for SH, PC and GT. Until then, the more they lose, the more distance is created between them and MU on the bubble.

God Providence is not very good. Still really PO'd MU lost to them.

Creighton 10 Seton Hall 8 on CBSSN

3 home games in 7 days for Seton Hall. Villanova and Xavier are next for the Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Yes. I want MU to go 5-0, then win the BE and NCAA tournament . Other than that, maximize bids for the Big East. Good night for the BE bubble teams.

Carrington with 41 points!

Friars have now beat Butler and Xavier back to back.....they are tough at home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast