Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The pain of harsh reality

Goals for next year? My buddy the Marquette fan, a longtime college basketball observer, says that 13 wins and a top-220 RPI is realistic.

This just got me thinking further about the state of the program.

What should we reasonably expect for next season?

Let's be clear. This season is OBJECTIVELY the worst season of Milwaukee basketball in every way since the Cobb era. Since the 1990s! The destruction of the program was so complete that the bar has been set so low that there is no way (God help us, I hope there's no way) that year two under LJ won't be "better." But what does that mean? Even if he can will this group to 16 or 17 wins or even 20 wins, what in God's name have we gained? NOTHING!!! But what have we lost? PLENTY!!! Donations by the hundreds of thousands. Fans by the thousands. Credibility, good will... it goes on and on. It's a complete debacle, for no better reason than ego.

So what should we "reasonably" expect? We should reasonably expect that next year will be much, much better than this year -- and still won't be any better than, and very likely won't be as good as, any of the last five years under Jeter that were played in the Arena!

So how will that measure up when she said the standard for the program had to be sub-100 RPIs? There's as much chance that Mexico will pay for a wall as there is of our program having a sub-100 rpi in the next two years. So what's her plan then? To fire LaVall, trash the program again and start over? Check out my sig line, Coach. Watch your back! -- you have been set up to fail!!
    Last edited by BBF; 02-22-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12