Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strip the Bradley Center on Feb 18

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    And I'm going to lean toward the "take" option. We couldn't get a gold out when they gave away shorts on the seats. Why would this work when they just expect you to show up wearing the right thing? I bet 60% of the fans don't even know about this or what they're supposed to wear.
    It's probably 80%. This will be a real dud.

If we had gold or baby blue (championship blue, valour blue, whatever it's called this year) shirts on all the seats there'd be a chance, though of course you run into size issues. I honestly can't imagine who came up with this.

If this turns out to be a "dud" idea, the blame rests solely on the fan base. This has been advertised on social media and at the games, so if the fans don't show up in the proper colored shirts, they have chosen not to participate.

The Athletic Dept is trying to do some things to get more fannies in the seats. Tryng to create a better atmosphere in the game. But if the fans don't want to play along and simply bitching on message boards, than so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    If this turns out to be a "dud" idea, the blame rests solely on the fan base. This has been advertised on social media and at the games, so if the fans don't show up in the proper colored shirts, they have chosen not to participate.

The Athletic Dept is trying to do some things to get more fannies in the seats. Tryng to create a better atmosphere in the game. But if the fans don't want to play along and simply bitching on message boards, than so be it.
    Put shirts on the seats and there's a chance. Pass shirts out in the section so sizes match, there's a better chance. Does everyone own all three colors? Will they go buy stuff to match their section? What about non-STH ticket purchases? They are supposedly drawing 18k+ to this game, that's more than 1/3 non regular fans.

I know what I'll be wearing. I'll do my part. But we've seen these not work before. Probably doesn't help that even with a giveaway, they're expecting fans in sweatshirts to change into T-shirts in Milwaukee in February.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I don't see that happening.

I am in agreement with you. It won't work. But the reason it won't work is that the fan base quite frankly, sucks.

I am in agreement with you. It won't work. But the reason it won't work is that the fan base quite frankly, sucks.

The place is sold out for no more than a decent team. And the fan-base sucks?

It is great that it is sold out for X (and I think they are better than a decent team). We also had about 14,500 in for #1 Villanova which was disapointing.

The majority of the crowd is pretty quiet as well. And don't get a certain poster started about getting back into their seats to begin the 2nd half.

Just my observations. I may in fact be wrong.

Please, that is BS. We are a Top 25 team every year in tickets sold and we are no where close to a Top 25 team on the floor. It won't work because it is not a great idea. You wants to make it work, put the shirts on the chairs, like every other program does that wants to color the fanbase.''

The crowd can only do so much. Blaming them is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    Please, that is BS. We are a Top 25 team every year in tickets sold and we are no where close to a Top 25 team on the floor. It won't work because it is not a great idea. You wants to make it work, put the shirts on the chairs, like every other program does that wants to color the fanbase.''

The crowd can only do so much. Blaming them is lame.
    Yup.

MU sells more tickets per game than Duke, therefore, we have better fans.

You are right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast