Thread: Semi OT--Maui Invitational

Semi OT--Maui Invitational

For those that have gone in the past, did you end up booking the travel package thru MU or just get single game tickets? Any recommendations or opinions on the best way to go?

Don't think MU did a travel package last time. The 1st time, the travel package sucked hard. I believe Marquette will get an allotment of tickets that they will sell, but it will be only for the Marquette games, not the entire tournament which likely would be outrageously expensive. Not too early to start investigating hotel accommodations and rental cars, etc. as it is a very busy time given the holiday and the tournament.

If Marquette is putting a package together, I haven't heard about it and would be leery if there is one given our experience with the 1st tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Don't think MU did a travel package last time. The 1st time, the travel package sucked hard. I believe Marquette will get an allotment of tickets that they will sell, but it will be only for the Marquette games, not the entire tournament which likely would be outrageously expensive. Not too early to start investigating hotel accommodations and rental cars, etc. as it is a very busy time given the holiday and the tournament.

If Marquette is putting a package together, I haven't heard about it and would be leery if there is one given our experience with the 1st tournament.
    http://www.mauiinvitational.com/spor...13/travel.aspx

Book the trip on your own. In my experience, it was not a busy time in Maui, except for Kaanapali, where all the team's stay. BTW, fly into the Kaanapali Airport, if possible. Its a long drive from the main airport in Maui to Lahaina, the hotels and the arena. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua last time, which is a relatively short drive to the arena. It was inexpensive (around $200+ per night) for Maui and significantly cheaper than the MU hotel. Nice hotel, but the beach isn't great and it is very windy at its location that time of year. So, we didn't do the pool very much. Game tickets were a bit pricey from what I remember. I bought tickets to all the sessions. If I remember correctly, there were some reserved seats and some general admission. I think I bought them directly from tourney site. The arena is small, so all the seats are great. BTW, if you want to save bucks on the flight, check out flights on Alligiant from Las Vegas to Honolulu. When on sale, they can run under $200 each way. It can be cheaper than the $1200 roundtrip from Milwaukee, even if you add a roundtrip to Vegas and the puddle jumper from Honolulu to Maui.

Thanks guys. Funny--just got an email from MU about purchasing tickets.