Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marquette vs Butler Game thread

Still think that Seton Hall loss comes back to bite this squad. Hoping they can go on a run yet. Have to go 4-2 the rest of the way.

Missed opportunity tonight too. Very winnable game

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJesswein View Post
    Missed opportunity tonight too. Very winnable game
    Any time we hold a good team to 68 points, we need to win. Offense melted down after Fischer's two missed FT's, never getting ball back to him.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    They said that the BU coach felt it was better with him coming off the bench. The announcers didn't buy it.
    I was at the game. Guessing that was Steve Lappas. Very smart guy!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Any time we hold a good team to 68 points, we need to win. Offense melted down after Fischer's two missed FT's, never getting ball back to him.
    Thing is that Butler was burning the clock in the second half and their D kept MU's offense off kilter while chewing up the clock as well (unless Reinhardt hoisted an early 3). The 68 points given up was more of a reflection of butler's control of the game than MU defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Thing is that Butler was burning the clock in the second half and their D kept MU's offense off kilter while chewing up the clock as well (unless Reinhardt hoisted an early 3). The 68 points given up was more of a reflection of butler's control of the game than MU defense.
    It was still a 66 possession game, so slower then normal for Marquette but not a glacial pace. If you told me that Marquette would hold Butler to 68 points in 66 possessions, I would have said to bet the house on a Marquette win. Unfortunately, this was our second worst offensive game in the Big East season.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    It was still a 66 possession game, so slower then normal for Marquette but not a glacial pace. If you told me that Marquette would hold Butler to 68 points in 66 possessions, I would have said to bet the house on a Marquette win. Unfortunately, this was our second worst offensive game in the Big East season.
    Sometimes numbers just don't reflect the ebb and flow of the game. Butler was pushing the ball in the first half and MU was rushing its shots. 2nd half, Butler was burning the clock which almost worked against them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123