Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UConn still exploring joining the Big East

If the opportunity presents itself for UCONN to be added to the Big East, not overthinking it would be advisable IMO. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    If the opportunity presents itself for UCONN to be added to the Big East, not overthinking it would be advisable IMO. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Absolutely. It's a no-brainer to add UCONN. They're a top-10 team in terms of National prominence and historical success (at least the last 30 years). I'd add them even if each school has to take a little less in FS1 money. The conference would likely make that up in NCAA tournament credits over the long run. As long as they're willing to sign an expensive exit agreement, I'd be all in.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Absolutely. It's a no-brainer to add UCONN. They're a top-10 team in terms of National prominence and historical success (at least the last 30 years). I'd add them even if each school has to take a little less in FS1 money. The conference would likely make that up in NCAA tournament credits over the long run. As long as they're willing to sign an expensive exit agreement, I'd be all in.
    If it weren't obvious, I'd echo this. You can count on one hand the number of teams with more national titles than UConn, and none of those teams would ever have interest in joining our league. They are the biggest possible program we could get (only Notre Dame even comes close, and I don't think that'd ever happen) and they should be a no-brainer if it is ever financially viable.

Make them pay an entry fee too.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Make them pay an entry fee too.

Usually these things work by not giving the incoming school full share for a couple of years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234