Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alumni Game is BARREN

Without any question I feel sorriest for Cody and Brock and Brett and the other guys who came back. They are working their butts off and representing the University with pride -- but it should have been so much more than that this year. For me as a fan I resent being alienated from a program I loved and supported in every way possible for many years. But as a fan, I can just stay away and hope that it's a program I can be proud of again some day. What choice did they have? Every player that realistically could leave, did.

At least they have learned an important life lesson: when people are promoted beyond the level of their competence, it's the people whose lives they affect or control or are responsible for that suffer.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Tough to top anything from the above posts, but I'll let all of you chew on this for the next 21 months or so:

There's no guarantee that the team will be any good three years into the rebuild, either.
    But, but...the folks on the other board are just SURE the team will be contending for a league title in two to three years. Where's your optimism, man?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapheap View Post
    But, but...the folks on the other board are just SURE the team will be contending for a league title in two to three years. Where's your optimism, man?
    A lot of those same idiots buy that line of b.s. from the Bucks and Brewers, too. Not surprising.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12