Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Game is BARREN

Alumni Game is BARREN

Wow.

Link: 2017 Alumni Game story

Link: 2016 Alumni Game story

These are the rosters from the 2016 game. I've put asterisks next to anyone who was there today. Keep in mind these were just the players; plenty of guys like Adrian Tigert and Jason Frederick were there without playing last season.

GOLD SQUAD
    Allan Hanson
    Anthony Hill
    Kalombo Kadima
    *Justin Lettenberger
    Mike Lewis
    Jack Quinlevan
    Marcus Skinner
    James Wright
    Jose Winston
    John Quirk
    Deion James
    Ricky Franklin
    *Ryan Haggerty

BLACK SQUAD
    *Michael Bendall
    Mark Briggs
    Cyrus Caldwell
    *Quinton Gustavson
    Demetrius Harris
    Pat McCabe
    *Joah Tucker
    *Christian Wolfe
    *Mitch Roelke
    Reggie Wheeler
    Chris Hill
    Ricky Franklin

Please, feel free to correct me so I can add asterisks to people because I can't recognize all the faces.

Joah got a post-game interview, which is cool.

Gotta lean on him. He, Haggs, Q and Roelke may be the only people most fans will recognize; you know, besides one that threw Rob Jeter, Chad Boudreau, Duffy Conroy, Chris Hill, Allan Hanson and Sharif Chambliss under the bus.

So what are you trying to say about Justin Lettenberger, Jimmy?

Just quickly glancing I can identify Kelvin Anderson, Craig Greene, Deon Edmonds, Mike Louis, John Quirk, Jack Quinlevan, Tim Cullen and George Barnes as being in the group though Craig is the only one it looks like that didn't play.

I was going to make the trek over for this if my work schedule had panned out but it did not unfortunately.
    Last edited by DKelly28; 02-04-2017 at 11:26 PM.

I was going to ask the rhetorical question whether the Chancellor or the AD care -- but then I realized that in all likelihood they wouldn't know or recognize any of the alumni players who chose not to support this slow-motion car crash if they were standing next to them in a stuck elevator.

This is what we have now. A proud program derailed by people who have no appreciation or concern for its history -- or, obviously, its future.

P.S. If the folks in the picture stayed for the game, you can fairly assume they accounted for 20% of the actual attendance.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Fran, this is exactly how I felt when I learned that the new guard had issued Nos. 13 and 31 for this season: absolutely no understanding or appreciation for what came before them.

It's also sad to see No. 1 being worn by someone else when its previous wearer was the best to ever play his position at the school.

Jimmy, barren is the perfect word to describe the current state of the men's basketball program.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 02-06-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Perhaps there would have been people at the alumni game, had people actually known it was happening?? I had no idea until I got to the arena, and by then it was over.

Remember that sad old line from the Vietnam war? "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

She apparently had a similar philosophy. She had to destroy the village...in order to destroy it!!!

But don't worry: it looks like after two or three lost seasons LJ might get us back to where RJ had us the last five (minus the Klotsche banishment year, which we had already put into the rear view mirror). Of course that's all assuming the drumbeat from the politicians and administrators looking at the sea of empty seats doesn't get even louder to drop us straight to D3.

And now that we have seen the rest of the teams in this dreadful league season is there ANYONE who could credibly argue that with Akeem, Austin, Jordy and the others this wouldn't have been our best chance to win the league and go to the tournament since 2006? THAT's what we traded in for a fight for 7th place and a best case scenario of a long painful climb out of the hole she put us in. Progress!
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

That's the most frustrating part of this whole thing. Switch out Bell, Harvey and Haas for Springs, Arians and Johnson, then add Clint Robinson playing starter's minutes, and the other JUCO big that Boudreau had lined up, and what the hell does this team look like?

Champions, that's what they'd look like. This shell of a team has done a decent job considering the mix of talent and experience. What if they had better talent and experience? There's maybe one team that would have been able to stand toe-to-toe with them. There's a reason the coaches kept pointing to 2016-17 when the APR ban hit. This was the year.

And guess what would happen at the end of the year if Braun wanted? She could have let Jeter move on and started over with her own choice. And no one would have rammed race or anything down her throat.

Every one of us would be happier. Even the people that hate Rob would still have seen him go, and in all likelihood he would have left on a high note.

Amanda Braun's plan for transition stunk from top to bottom. She had no idea what the hell she was doing, and she stomped on a lot of people in the process.

She needs to go. Like, right now.

That's the most frustrating part of this whole thing. Switch out Bell, Harvey and Haas for Springs, Arians and Johnson, then add Clint Robinson playing starter's minutes, and the other JUCO big that Boudreau had lined up, and what the hell does this team look like?

Champions, that's what they'd look like. This shell of a team has done a decent job considering the mix of talent and experience. What if they had better talent and experience? There's maybe one team that would have been able to stand toe-to-toe with them. There's a reason the coaches kept pointing to 2016-17 when the APR ban hit. This was the year.

And guess what would happen at the end of the year if Braun wanted? She could have let Jeter move on and started over with her own choice. And no one would have rammed race or anything down her throat.

Every one of us would be happier. Even the people that hate Rob would still have seen him go, and in all likelihood he would have left on a high note.

Amanda Braun's plan for transition stunk from top to bottom. She had no idea what the hell she was doing, and she stomped on a lot of people in the process.

She needs to go. Like, right now.

Tough to top anything from the above posts, but I'll let all of you chew on this for the next 21 months or so:

There's no guarantee that the team will be any good three years into the rebuild, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast