Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidd

Kidd

I've never been a "Fire Kidd!" guy, but I'm moving more and more in that direction. 2-8 in their last 10. Jabari has been a mess lately. The rotations continue to puzzle; he has benched Henson, Monroe, Plumlee, Beasley, and Teletovic for multiple games in a row with no real explanation. And for some unknown reason, Delly is still getting closing minutes at PG. Giannis went 6 trips without a touch in OT tonight, FFS.

In addition, the league has clearly figured out the gimmick defensive scheme. They're giving up more shots in the restricted area, and corner threes, than the league average. Statistically, the two worst places to let that happen. They'll get Middleton back a week from Tuesday, so maybe that will be a shot in the arm. But I wonder what will happen with Kidd if they continue to slide.

This is an incredibly young team, I think you have to give him one more year. They are struggling right now, but it's hard to put this on Kidd as he doesn't have Middleton yet. Give him another year and if we still suck next year then they have to move on.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    This is an incredibly young team, I think you have to give him one more year. They are struggling right now, but it's hard to put this on Kidd as he doesn't have Middleton yet. Give him another year and if we still suck next year then they have to move on.
    Yeah, that's the likely outcome. But the issues they had last year continue to persist, which is why I'm concerned.

At least one of the owner likes Kidd. I have said since last year that Kidd needs to go. Primarily because no one knows what their role is. That is because of the unpredictable rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I've never been a "Fire Kidd!" guy, but I'm moving more and more in that direction. 2-8 in their last 10. Jabari has been a mess lately. The rotations continue to puzzle; he has benched Henson, Monroe, Plumlee, Beasley, and Teletovic for multiple games in a row with no real explanation. And for some unknown reason, Delly is still getting closing minutes at PG. Giannis went 6 trips without a touch in OT tonight, FFS.

In addition, the league has clearly figured out the gimmick defensive scheme. They're giving up more shots in the restricted area, and corner threes, than the league average. Statistically, the two worst places to let that happen. They'll get Middleton back a week from Tuesday, so maybe that will be a shot in the arm. But I wonder what will happen with Kidd if they continue to slide.
    There are times I get frustrated with Kidd as well. Assistant Joe Prunty runs the offense, he always is the one with the marker and board in end-of-game situations. Sean Sweeney is the defensive coach. I think Kidd's value is in sharing the nuances of the game with guys like Brogdon and Giannis, who have the ball in their hands. I remember a report talking about how Kidd sat down with Brogdon to watch tape on an upcoming opponent, and showing him where/how he could attack their defense. Kidd is reportedly very tight with Marc Lasry, and there were rumors that the other 2 majority owners (Lasry and Dinan) were having some issues with Kidd at the end of last season.

Overall, as you mentioned, the Bucks need another reliable, consistent scorer. Middleton is just that, but I am sure he will be a bit rusty. There has been vast improvement from last year to this year in both Giannis' and Jabari's games......that is most important. I am sure Parker is disappointed he is not an All-Star, but he is not there yet. Parker will be fine. My biggest frustration is in losing to teams like Philly twice, @ Miami, @ Orlando.....bad NBA teams, that should not happen. Hopefully the Bucks can find better consistency with Middleton back.

BTW, I am amazed how a 5'9" guy like Isaiah Thomas can average 25+ ppg in a league with so much size and athleticism. Truly remarkable.

Barkley just said the Bucks are the most disappointing team in the NBA.

Speaking of the Bucks defense:

Well that graphic indicates we have a pretty poor defense against the corner 3 pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Well that graphic indicates we have a pretty poor defense against the corner 3 pointer.
    When you jump everything, that rotation to the corner is always there. In today's NBA, that's a bad spot to concede.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast