Thread: Here you go MU fans, pony up!

Here you go MU fans, pony up!

For Immediate Release

Big East Imposes Fine On Marquette For Court Storming

NEW YORK –
    Due to a violation of the conference policy on court storming after its men’s basketball game against Villanova on Tuesday, Marquette will receive a $5,000 fine from the Big East Conference.
    The fine will be donated to a charity designated by Marquette and the Big East.

In an effort to ensure a safe playing environment, the Big East membership has a court storming policy which limits access to the playing court and prohibits spectators from entering the competition area before, during or after the game.

Bill Scholl, Marquette Vice President and Director of Athletics
    “We appreciate the tremendous passion of our fans for yet another great moment in our men’s basketball program’s 100-year history. We will donate the money to Camp Hometown Heroes, which Coach Wojciechowski has partnered with the past two years for the coaches charity challenge.”
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I'm sure MU thinks the $5K is well worth the excitement the court storming created.

$5,000 worth of recruiting pictures for both students and student-athletes.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Fine - $5,000
    Advertising Benefit - $500,000
    Memories Created for Students - Priceless

How much free publicity did we get today when ESPN had on their front page the picture of Markus, JJJ, Duane and Luke on the scorer's table, surrounded by a bunch of screaming fans??? Well worth the $5k

Quote Originally Posted by MUWhistler View Post
    How much free publicity did we get today when ESPN had on their front page the picture of Markus, JJJ, Duane and Luke on the scorer's table, surrounded by a bunch of screaming fans??? Well worth the $5k
    ESPN and every other major sports related website.

Marquette is running a billboard, one of the LCD ones, along I-43 southbound with a pic from last night's storming and "We Are Marquette" on the bottom. Safe to say they're going to get every penny out of that court storm. I'm sure that's not the only place they have that ad running.

Should have had people at the exits with buckets and a sign... "Big East will fine Marquette for the court storming, please help"... they would have raked it in!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I said $25,000 last night. I was a bit off.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I said $25,000 last night. I was a bit off.
    I thought it was a standard $25K myself. At least that's the number that was always told to us when I was in school from 04-08. $5K is pocket change for just about any one of our major athletics donors.