Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Stone

Diamond Stone

Per Mark Miller Tweet: Diamond Stone taking an unofficial today at MU with "teo underclassmen from Orr". I hope they all enjoy the day!!!!

It's the logical assumption that he'll commit today

That has really shocked me though how Crean has consistently been able to get very high level commits to verbal 2-3 years in advance

I know Buzz indicated on Homer's show that he was going to have a very good player in for a visit, my guess is Stone is that player. Obviously any time he is on campus is a good thing for MU.

What should we take from Diamond Stone taking and unofficial to MU today with the guys from Orr?

An unofficial is a chance for MU to really show Stone and his family around and get them introductions and comfortable with not just Buzz, Chew, coaches, but also academic support, trainers, etc.

Should we read any more into this than just Stone coming over to play with the guys as he has done before? Living in town I'm guessing he can come in for an unofficial anytime. Is this timing significant?

I would think its way too early for a commitment... Would imagine that will be at least another year or two as he is only goin to be a Sophmore... Probably just coming to check things out.

He is there as often as he can be to play, but don't think they will be playing today.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jim, I assume it's too early, but has he set a timetable for when he'd like to commit? Sometimes guys will say the summer of their junior year or whatever...

No - remember, not only is he a high school frosh, he is on the younger side of the class too. He needs some time.

Scout just jumped him up to #2 for 2015...

It would be great if Chris or Davante could make a huge leap forward to where they would be considered a draft worthy type of prospects in the next 2 years. While we have a record of getting players drafted, we don't have any record of lottery picks since Wade or developing draft worthy post players.

Such an opportunity for MU with him and Looney. Has there ever been 2 or even 1 top 10 prospects from Milwaukee/Wisconsin at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by dw3dw3dw3 View Post
    Such an opportunity for MU with him and Looney. Has there ever been 2 or even 1 top 10 prospects from Milwaukee/Wisconsin at the same time?
    Even 1? Yeah, JP Tokoto was top-5 at one point. Not sure about having 2 top-10 guys at the same time...if so, it's been awhile.

Brian Butch was #7.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast