Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Floor rush

Floor rush

A damn good one! Good job by the students. I always said, if there is ever a floor rush at an MU game, I am there. Well, I went over the bench, nocked over a bench chair and scared the crap out of a bunch of students when I joined them in the first wave. Not sure I will ever have that chance again so I just had to do it! We don't have that many chances in life so when it is there....
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

When I saw Prez Lovell on the court, I knew it was OK to be there.

Marquette will be happy to pay the $25,000 fine.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    A damn good one! Good job by the students. I always said, if there is ever a floor rush at an MU game, I am there. Well, I went over the bench, nocked over a bench chair and scared the crap out of a bunch of students when I joined them in the first wave. Not sure I will ever have that chance again so I just had to do it! We don't have that many chances in life so when it is there....
    I said to Johnny Rev after the game that this was huge for the students. Over the last several years when there was a large student crowd, the place going nuts, MU fell flat and the casual students didn't return. Tonight there was a good student crowd, they had the best time they have had since being on campus and they will all be back.

The players and Wojo said in post game that they fed off the crowd, especially on the defensive end. It's great that these guys finally got to feel what it's like to play in front of a huge crowd at the BC, hopefully the students will continue it for rest of year.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I said to Johnny Rev after the game that this was huge for the students. Over the last several years when there was a large student crowd, the place going nuts, MU fell flat and the casual students didn't return. Tonight there was a good student crowd, they had the best time they have had since being on campus and they will all be back.

The players and Wojo said in post game that they fed off the crowd, especially on the defensive end. It's great that these guys finally got to feel what it's like to play in front of a huge crowd at the BC, hopefully the students will continue it for rest of year.
    Agreed. My son said campus was buzzing and thinks fans will be out in force on Saturday. Hope it happens.

I also rushed

Gato, I also figured no way was I missing out of going on the court. Helps that it is only a few rows even an out of shape 57 year old can make it.

Went to campus after the game. Was waiting for a beer and talked to a senior who was in disbelief over the whole thing. He had never experienced anything like this on campus. We complain about the students a bunch, but they don't know how good it can be. Until tonight.

Tonight was massive. If they beat PC on Saturday, that's gotta be the best regular season week in the history of the program. Huge, huge win.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Marquette will be happy to pay the $25,000 fine.
    Lots of folks were tweeting it's only a $5k fine... worth it!
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Whatever the cost, its worth it. Gato - saw you on TV during the celebration, as well with your fist pumps into the air. I will stop by and see you at the Xavier game.

Its a funny thing when 64 and 65 year old men are IMing each other during games. Last night felt like the 70's again. You can try and take the McGuire out of Marquette...but you can't take the McGuire out of old alumni like me.

My brother-in-law was in the house--a Chicago boy. His daughter, a senior at Homewood-Flossmoor, last night tweeted: "Watching Marquette fans storm the court on tv and seeing your dad among them is probably the funniest thing ever!!". GE, I held it down for the over 60 crowd!
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast