Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we have an agreement with new arena?

The Bucks were really focused on the JS site, and were going to build the plaza/entertainment aspect of it in, around and up Wisconsin Avenue, and with that the new facility would have been very close to the Bucks' interests and it all would have tied together.

With the JS not willing to sell, the new stadium moved a few blocks to the north and the Bucks' ownership turned their focus into that area for development.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I keep hearing two things. Is MU's lease for the new arena with the WCD or Bucks?
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I keep hearing two things. Is MU's lease for the new arena with the WCD or Bucks?
    I believe it would be with the WCD.

Lease is with the Bucks. They control everything. There is so much going on behind the scenes which I have heard from the Bucks and Froetdert sides. MU has had trouble negotiating and many things involved beginning with the proposed MU facility and based on partnerships with orthopods. Seriously. I understand that there was an agreement in principle with the Bucks. Not sure if it is yet reduced to writing. I also hear naming rights is not a local company fwiw.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Then why if I understand this is the Bucks lease with the WCD? Wouldn't that be the same with Marquette?
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Then why if I understand this is the Bucks lease with the WCD? Wouldn't that be the same with Marquette?

Don't the Bucks control the revenue that is generated by the arena, except for ticket surcharges, and annual lease payments to WCD? My guess is that the Bucks, Marquette and WCD have to work out the financial issues of concessions, parking, etc. to satisfy all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Lease is with the Bucks. They control everything. There is so much going on behind the scenes which I have heard from the Bucks and Froetdert sides. MU has had trouble negotiating and many things involved beginning with the proposed MU facility and based on partnerships with orthopods. Seriously. I understand that there was an agreement in principle with the Bucks. Not sure if it is yet reduced to writing. I also hear naming rights is not a local company fwiw.
    Yes, heard the same Gato. Not there yet, but getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Yes, heard the same Gato. Not there yet, but getting closer.
    Length of lease is an issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12