Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Time - Creighton

Prediction Time - Creighton

Yes, the Bluejays lost Watson. One huge OUCH! He is a tremendous point guard. Obviously Creighton will not be as strong without him.

But there is still a whole lot of talent on that roster. Khyrie Thomas is very good. He will take over some of Watson's duties. He can score; he can rebound (5.7 rpg), and he can shoot (54% overall from the field and 38.5% on treys).

Zierden was a starter last year and the year before. Last year he averaged 10.2 ppg in 31.7 mpg and shot 38.5% on treys. He's been coming off the bench this year.

Foster is an excellent scorer, and he is very aggressive attacking the basket.

And, of course, there is Patton, who may be the best center in the conference despite being a red-shirt freshman. Luke will have his hands full trying to contain Patton.

It should be pointed out that Creighton beat Xavier at Xavier with Watson on the bench for 32 minutes, which does not bode well for MU.

Still, I think this will be a major upset with MU pulling out a one-point "W." Final score: MU - 77; Creighton - 76.

I think Creighton runs on emotion to start the game and the question is whether MU can withstand that initial onslaught. If we can do that, Creighton could turn inward and have some doubts giving us a chance. I am not sure we can overcome the initial onslaught. Creighton by 10+.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

I had the Butler game as the 1 of this 3 game set that we would win and was unfortunately wrong on that prediction. I think we get absolutely drummed this game and my predictions typically look like they're coming from a cockeyed optimist. Creighton 84 Marquette 72

Had you asked me a week ago, my expectation was a loss and a heavy one at that. Losing Watson though, that's big. I just remember how much it hurt us when we lost James back in the day. This will force Creighton to do one of three things. I expect they will go with Thomas at the point. That hinders them for two reasons, first obviously Thomas won't run the offense as well, but just as important, that leads to an instant downgrade at the three. Or maybe they go with Zierden at the point, but he's not a good distributor, as pretty much a guy who just shoots threes. Or they go with someone unproven, maybe that Mintz kid, but I can't imagine he goes from 17 real minutes in the past 40 days to being the main PG in a week.

I've mentioned before that I think Wojo is better at the initial gameplan than the in-game counter-punches. I do think Creighton comes out with energy, and it's tight through the first half, but in the second, when they need that leadership, that's when we take over. Strong shooting on our part and a lack of direction on theirs, I think we sneak out with a win.

Marquette 87 - 78 Creighton

I feel like this has gone in a 15-20 point swing in my mind. Yes, Watson is worth that much as that is the difference between an All-American point guard and sub high-major replacements. Creighton ran everything through Watson, and there is no one else on the roster that has shown the ability to assist teammates/make plays for others.

Going 77-72 Marquette.
    #BringShakaHome

First game for Creighton after Mo's injury and they will be focused and fired up to win one for their teammate. On top of that, the fans will be at their best to support this team vocally.

I think it is ugly early. Creighton 86 - MU 71.

I would take Creighton and give the points. So far, MU has beaten one team on the road, Georgia. Until that changes, I would go with the home team against MU every time.

In my original post I was just trying to be optimistic. My real prediction is Creighton wins by 12-15 points, but at some time they are up by nearly 20, or even more. Hell, Creighton beat Xavier on the road with Watson on the bench for 80% of the game.

Everyone one College Gameday thinks the highest rank team to lose today is Creighton. I think they are really unselling the rest of that team.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by 79warrior View Post
    I would take Creighton and give the points. So far, MU has beaten one team on the road, Georgia. Until that changes, I would go with the home team against MU every time.
    This is fair to expect a loss, but we are also 2-0-2 ATS on the road. Push vs. Nova and Butler. "Wins" vs. Georgia and SHU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast