Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seton Hall game thread

Without Howard this game isn't even close. Best freshman in a long, long time.

...and at his height having that tear drop shot is a huge asset. Unreal that he is only 17.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...and at his height having that tear drop shot is a huge asset. Unreal that he is only 17.
    And being 17 means he has to stay in school a while no matter how good he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    And being 17 means he has to stay in school a while no matter how good he's playing.
    What's the rule? You have to be 18 on 1/1 of the year you are drafted? He turns 18 in March. It's amazing that he's the guy I'm most comfortable with the ball in his hands as a freshman PG. It's not even close. Watching him and Sam break the press together is fun.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

I think the draft age is 19.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    I think the draft age is 19.
    Wow. Totally blanked on that. Thanks.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

He's here 4 years regardless...not a lot of 5'10 NBA point guards to be found anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mcwman View Post
    He's here 4 years regardless...not a lot of 5'10 NBA point guards to be found anymore
    I'm not so sure about that. Ty Lawson, Isaiah Thomas, Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul, all 6'0" or under and all declared early. If Howard can maintain his shooting percentages (not this high, but 60% eFG%) while increasing assists and usage rate, he could leave after his sophomore or junior year. I hope he doesn't, but he certainly wouldn't be the first. Say he's first-team Big East this year (averaging 20 ppg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg, 69.6% 3PFG%, 132.2 ORTG is 8th in conference) and in the running for All-American next year, then why not?

He'll also be eligible after his sophomore year, the NBA rule (unless it changed) says you have to be 19 years old in the calendar year of the draft, not on January 1. That means he could be in the 2018 draft as he turns 19 in March, 2018.

How about 22 points, 6 assists and ZERO turnovers in 42 minutes at PG??? AND...he constantly had the ball in his hands at crunch time. Truly, a GREAT performance by Howard. Keep it up Markus!

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    How about 22 points, 6 assists and ZERO turnovers in 42 minutes at PG??? AND...he constantly had the ball in his hands at crunch time. Truly, a GREAT performance by Howard. Keep it up Markus!
    And one massive chest bump to Wojo at the end. Marcus plays with the kind of passion that it seems has been missing the last few years, he has that "determination" that we got spoiled with from the Final Four team until Crowder/Bulter's last game....that attitude can be contagious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast