Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In the bleak midwinter

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    And at this point it's not even why they are in the positions they hold.
    I vehemently disagree with this statement. Why they are where they are is, in fact, the REAL problem with the program, and the University itself. It has become a social experiment in athletics, and a part of a very political/social agenda for a very powerful person in this state, with no push back. Without even any questions asked.

A publicly funded entity should not be the personal plaything of a US Senator to promote her agenda. If that does not bother you, then you are part of the problem.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

In the context of our program I honestly don't care if we are where we are (i.e., looking into an abyss) because of some socio/political conspiracy (of which I am rather skeptical) or simple bad hiring, executive inattention and the resultant managerial incompetence. But I guarantee that pursuing the problem from the former angle will inevitably (and understandably) be easily dismissed as just another rant in our "post-fact" age. In other words, you can tilt at those windmills all you want, but it's not going to do anything positive for our program.

My training is to deal with the facts. The facts as I see them are that the program was purposefully undermined and then ripped apart, and consequently the team's results and fan interest are crashing. If that's not enough to justify the significant and obvious changes that are needed in our administration, then there is realistically no hope that our program will ever exceed its past accomplishments, and it is very unlikely that it will ever match them.
    Last edited by BBF; 01-05-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Be as skeptical as you like. We know that the hire was made, in part, under the direction of a former "personal acquaintance" of the prospective employee, with no refusals, which is a pretty clear violation of state statutes. We also have pretty clear evidence of meddling by a sitting US Senator into the hiring and supervision of a public employee. If such unethical and potentially illegal activities are trivial to you, so be it.

They are not to me, without regard for the politics of those involved. UW Madison has not similarly been tampered with, and they hire on merit alone in an industry where merit is the only thing that matters.

This program, and this University, are in serious trouble because some people shrug and say "oh well, so what" when these things come up. I am not willing to just stand by and allow that to go unchallenged.
    Class of 1998
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    Let's keep up the bitching and moaning, guys. It's really accomplishing a ton.
    If you want to know what not calling out the administration for its actions over the last several years accomplished, it's right there for all to see in the state of the team's results and the fan "interest."
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

The bottom line, the AD is a %$%#^&.....NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, cares about the program of the 'new era' and the eunuch board has become such a joke that 'mupanther' is having a conversation with himself regarding the Green Bay game. Remember when that game meant something? What a joke, and what total waste their beloved Athletic Director truly is. No matter whomever helped her (and they know who they are) get the job she is so bad at. Program is dead.

In short, I don't like Eva because of what she took away from the true fans, those who had a passion and a real investment in the program.

There were some of us who would follow the team to Edwardsville and Fargo ... and the remaining followers talk about "trying to make it to a game" and missing a home game because of dinner plans.

I wouldn't even call what's left a fan base.

Update on the 2017 Milwaukee Panthers:

RPI: 287....movin' on up baby. Soon we will catch some of the vaunted programs ahead of us like: Marist (252), Central Arkansas (253), Lipscomb (256), North Florida (258), Liberty (259), Wagner (267), MD Eastern Shore (269), Binghamton (271), Texas - Rio Grande Valley (274), and Mass-Lowell (280)....powerhouses one and all.

Conference: 0 - 3...last place....tied with Detroit.

It has become totally clear that the plan of The High Priestess of Suck, Her Royal Highness, Queen of Downer Street, Lady Amanda Braun, is on track. I for one cannot wait to see the Panthers in the Inaugural LGBTQ....RSTUVWXYandZ and Friends SNOWFLAKE SAFE SPACE MICRO AGGRESSION FREE Tournament - Presented By Starbucks - in Portland
    Class of 1998

But what of Minnesota, that hopeless wasteland to which Akeem Springs foolishly brought his abundant talents. How are the Golden Gophers doing?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 01-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    But what of Minnesota, that hopeless wasteland to which Akeem Springs foolishly brought his abundant talents. How are the Golden Gophers doing?
    The Minnesota Golden Gophers are a lousy, rotten, no good, miserable, laughable, and lowly #5 in the RPI as of this moment.

They are also first place in the Big Ten, but as we all know, the Big Ten is a joke of a conference and cannot sniff the collective jocks of the mighty mighty Horizon League.

We certainly do not miss someone who scores almost 10 points a game and has assumed a leadership role over such a crappy program as Minnesota. They suck.

We are certainly much better off without him.

ALL HAIL The High Priestess of Suck, Her Royal Highness, Queen of Downer Street, Lady Amanda Braun
    Class of 1998

ALL HAIL The High Priestess of Suck, Her Royal Highness, Queen of Downer Street, Lady Amanda Braun

Her magnificence, Lady Braun, has had ANOTHER incredible idea to improve our incredible profile.

$2 BEER!!!!!

image.jpg

At a college basketball game. Filled with students.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG????

This is SURE to get the attendence up over 1,500 and probably get us in the news coverage too!

Be sure to stay tuned...sources say that the next home game will be Disco Demolition Night. A sure fire hit!

Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 01-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    Class of 1998

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast