Thread: In the bleak midwinter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In the context of our program I honestly don't care if we are where we are (i.e., looking into an abyss) because of some socio/political conspiracy (of which I am rather skeptical) or simple bad hiring, executive inattention and the resultant managerial incompetence. But I guarantee that pursuing the problem from the former angle will inevitably (and understandably) be easily dismissed as just another rant in our "post-fact" age. In other words, you can tilt at those windmills all you want, but it's not going to do anything positive for our program.

My training is to deal with the facts. The facts as I see them are that the program was purposefully undermined and then ripped apart, and consequently the team's results and fan interest are crashing. If that's not enough to justify the significant and obvious changes that are needed in our administration, then there is realistically no hope that our program will ever exceed its past accomplishments, and it is very unlikely that it will ever match them.
    Last edited by BBF; 01-05-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"