Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: In the bleak midwinter

Here's what a friend who's a fan of all the state teams and attends Marquette, Wisconsin and UWM games said to me this weekend:

"In three or four years, UWM might be pretty good!"

Cue the Twilight Zone music, man! I still don't understand this at all. Are the architects of the purge trying to dismantle the program?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 02-06-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Cue the Twilight Zone music, man! I still don't understand this at all. Are the architects of the purge trying to dismantle the program?
    Let's hope they've stopped trying, thinking they've done as much as they need.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I just finished watching the game, 'Heap. I don't know how much more work there is to do. That performance was purely "Cobbian."

I have to admit that ASN announcer Dave Armstrong's comment that LJ is "changing the culture" at Milwaukee has me puzzled.

With as many 20-win seasons as we had and as much energy as was expended by players, coaches, former administrators, staff members, donors and fans over the last 11 years, what part of the culture needed "changing?"

I find this the most peculiar thing I've heard about the transition. After all, LJ himself has credited Rob for "building the program."
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 02-10-2017 at 11:28 AM.

I assume he meant changing the culture to D3 status.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567