Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In the bleak midwinter

Dear Lord!!!

It's only a matter of time before she employs the performers from Heartbreakers to put butts in the seats ... and artificially inflate the attendance to 1,800.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 01-09-2017 at 04:28 PM.

It's amazing that it took her three years to come up with the $2 beer idea ... or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisGilmore53 View Post
    The fact is Mayor your beloved joke of an Athletic Director killed a very good mid-major program. And you and the rest of your rainbow flag kissers are afraid to admit the truth. The program is now officially a joke and the fact is that no one cares. Apathy is the very worst thing that can happen. Ask the 2000 people who don't go to games now. There are only, and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, four or five people on the other chat room kissing each other asses and acting like you are proud of "Val" and where the program is? Are you on meth? I have NEVER met a coach in my 35 years of involved in basketball as either a college player, scout, ref or statistician who praised losing as much as 'VAL'. Praising the effort of loss after loss, and they still count MSOE as a win. That's a joke on its own. Your athletic director is an insecure, inept, paranoid twit who killed this program because of her personal vendetta with the previous staff. She wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for a certain US Senator, a testosterone - less chancellor and a overly fearful politically correct world that wants everyone to have a Coke and sing peace songs and hand out participation trophies. The fact is, you and all your 'supporters' (pun intended) are hypocrites as well, for this program is now below 300 in RPI and will never see 3rd place in a piece of sh-t Horizon League. Are you proud to be a Panther now? Maybe she can reach out to TJ again? Also ask your self, why are there only 3 people left, out of approximately 25 administrative staff people in the Athletic Department that are still there since she too over just three years ago?
    Read carefully, wiseguy.

First of all, you will not find me on the freak board. Second of all, I agree with DarkHawk's stance on the reason Snagglepuss was hired 100%. Thirdly, I believe that the current Athletic Director should be scrubbing Walmart toilets with a goddamn toothbrush. Jimmy, as well as anyone else on this board who actually knows who I am, knows that unequivocally.

My point is that crying over milk you can't put back in the glass at this point is stupid. It's time for a new plan of attack.
    Last edited by MayorCK; 01-11-2017 at 11:17 PM.

I have to admit, it is pretty amusing to go over to the other board and see mupanther having conversations with himself. It's the discussion board version of Kramer having "The Merv Griffin Show" set in his apartment.
    346 Freak board posts prior to censorship. This is my home now.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    It's amazing that it took her three years to come up with the $2 beer idea ... or is it?
    My prediction is there will be 12 students at the game, an increase of 100% from the last home game. They would never have $2 beer during the semester, it would pack the arena, and they would run out 10 minutes into the game. Like they do with $1 hot dogs...
    346 Freak board posts prior to censorship. This is my home now.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    Read carefully, wiseguy.

First of all, you will not find me on the freak board. Second of all, I agree with DarkHawk's stance on the reason Snagglepuss was hired 100%. Thirdly, I believe that the current Athletic Director should be scrubbing Walmart toilets with a goddamn toothbrush. Jimmy, as well as anyone else on this board who actually knows who I am, knows that unequivocally.

My point is that crying over milk you can't put back in the glass at this point is stupid. It's time for a new plan of attack.

I apologize then, and do agree with you. Except that even WalMart wouldn't hire her if they knew her background and how she got her current gig!

Question for the board on this $2 beer thing. Who gets the concession revenue at the UWM Arena? If Milwaukee does then no problem, but if not, would the Panthers have to pay the difference on each beer sold?

How far has this program fallen in nine months?

Winners of 16 of the last 18 meetings with rival UIC, it enters tonight's game at the Pavilion as 6 1/2-point underdogs to the Flames.

Last year's combined margin of victory in two games was 38 points.

This is progress?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 01-17-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Let's do a little singin' tonight:

"She's a good girl, loves her mama
    Loves Jesus and America, too
    She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
    Loves horses and her boyfriend, too."

ALL HAIL The High Priestess of Suck, Her Royal Highness, Queen of Downer Street, Lady Amanda Braun

Status Update: RPI - 282 - Not much to say here. There are 351 D1 RPI ranked teams. Milwaukee is the 69th worst team in D1. What makes this worse than it sounds is that Milwaukee has not even played a team in the RPI top 100. Let this sink in a minute...Milwaukee is near the very bottom of the entirety of D1 and have only played teams who will likely not even play in the NIT, much less the NCAA.

One other point of comparison: Milwaukee fired a coach due to substandard performance last year. That coach had finished the season with an RPI more than 100 spots higher (175) and had played 4 teams in the RPI top 50, winning 1 of those 4 games.

In summary, Milwaukee has dropped over 100 spots, even though Milwaukee has played a patty cake schedule. Good times, man.....good times. This should REALLY help with recruiting....along with the 10,000 regularly empty seats at the Arena we spent all that money to buy the naming rights of. BRILLIANT!

Conference: 1 - 5 - Last Place - Again, I remind you that Milwaukee fired a coach due to substandard performance after finishing 5th in a much more competitive Horizon League that had 5 teams with 20+ wins and one team with 30 wins.

One other thing to consider. Butler, who at one time was Milwaukee's chief rival in the Horizon League and the measuring stick Milwaukee used to gauge its progress as a program, is now in the Big East and the #13 team in the nation. Butler capitalized on two extremely successful seasons and as soon as the opportunity became available, left the Horizon League. Since doing so, their program is now, arguably, on par with Marquette.

Meanwhile, Milwaukee made literally no effort to leave the Horizon League after successive Sweet 16 appearances, with many on the boards and in the AD's office laughing at the mere thought of it, and now has completely imploded.

For those of you who argue that how someone gets hired is irrelevant, I want you to think long and hard about this. While Butler was run by competent, aggressive, and determined leaders willing to take big risks, we hired one "PC compliant" or "Big name retread" after another, until we finally landed the ultimate example of a politically correct, quota filling, Social Justice Warrior crony in the history of sports.

A hire I would argue that is equivalent to the Packers hiring Caitlyn Jenner as their new GM after receiving in a threatening phone call from a US Senator hell bent on elevating a certain group of people no matter how unqualified.

ALL HAIL The High Priestess of Suck, Her Royal Highness, Queen of Downer Street, Lady Amanda Braun
    Last edited by TheDarkHawkReturns; 01-18-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast