Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carter Leaves Team

They are only the "dark ages" if you don't remember them.

I think part of the problem I (we) have is that MAdison doesn't have this rash of transfers like we have, and some of our rivals in the BE don't either. SJU and Depaul have had issues and they are in the basement along with us. Likely is part of the problem.

You need to have good talent, but you also need experienced talent to make the tournament consistently and make deep runs. We have the talent, but not a lot of program veterans.

Interesting tweet from Coach Johnson. My son plays D3 ball in the state. I am amazed at the number of young men who are on the team and never play. Yet, these young men don't quit but remain on the team--most of them all 4 years. I realize its not comparing apples to apples. If you are ever discouraged by D1 athletics or the NBA, go watch a D3 game. These young men play because they love the game and it shows on the court.

Agreed, a very interesting tweet.

I may not disagree with what he's saying, but Twitter is not the right forum for that (especially when Carter was very classy in his public forum). As much as Stan has been an awesome recruiter for us, I think he needs to keep his emotions away from Twitter more often.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I may not disagree with what he's saying, but Twitter is not the right forum for that (especially when Carter was very classy in his public forum). As much as Stan has been an awesome recruiter for us, I think he needs to keep his emotions away from Twitter more often.
    Don't agree with you on this one. I doubt his attention was necessarily on Carter, but a stronger statement than that. He knows more about the situation and if his reaction is supportable, I see no reason not to use this forum. He never mentioned Carter, only linked and commented. Others are likely using this against MU and they need to be outfront to limit the fallout. Afterall, Carter did quit on the team and during the season ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12