Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fresno St Game Thread

I don't get the rotations in 2H. Wilson and Cheathem barely played

When we are good, we are real good. However, when the most mature players on the team are your freshmen, there will be some wild swings. Still like this team a lot on the whole, but expect there be great wins and head scratching losses along the way.
    #BringShakaHome

Wojo is polish for "can recruit, can't coach in second half for worth a ****"

Quote Originally Posted by geneseewarrior View Post
    Wojo is polish for "can recruit, can't coach in second half for worth a ****"
    Gone to that "Polish for..." well a bunch, hey?

Not sure why Katin played so much and Haani sat. Beyond that, I don't know what Wojo should have done. Maybe given a zone look to try and disrupt them a bit? Luke and Heldt were outmatched by the widebody. They couldn't get around him to front, and once he caught and went into the body, it was curtains.

Musta been how other fans felt when Davante played for us.

Glad to see folding against Pittsburgh taught us a ton

Needed to double on the Davante clone when he put it on the floor. Have to make some decisions on guarding Happ in that situation Saturday. Hoping Gard doesn't low post him and rather keeps him moving around inside and outside.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

I think Matt is right. I like this team but there will be nights that we will look bad this year......it has happened in years when we had much better teams. Teams with size and length are going to give us problems.

Ohio state lost to Florida Atlantic tonight.......it can happen to good programs and good coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    #mubb Traci Carter being held out of tonight's game with knee soreness.
    Someone should have told Peter Gillen that. He kept saying he was in the game or should be in the game the entire telecast.

As good as they shot in the first half, they shot equally bad in the second half. They had good shots...they just couldn't make anything.

Couple that with a lack of energy from the players (and the pathetic crowd...sounded and looked embarrassing on TV) after they got the big lead and the momentum just vanished.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    Glad to see folding against Pittsburgh taught us a ton
    Me also since they won.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast