I recall reading somewhere that LJ said after his hiring that his intent was to play a fast, up-tempo style. The anti-Rob crowd cheered! Someone else can look for it. I remember that when I heard it I made a post about how improbable that seemed -- may even have been on the other board before it locked arms with the department trolls. (Btw -- somehow the social media reporting about the events in our program last March and April seem to have foretold the coming of "fake news," don't they?)

The reason I thought that was improbable (to be polite) was simply that LJ has utterly no experience with such basketball. He played at Butler. He coached at Iowa under Lickliter. Then he coached at Michigan under John Beilein. Lickliter and Beilein ran some of the most deliberate offenses in D1. Neither of them has ever played anything approaching a fast tempo.

So anyway, we are now 8 or 10 games in. I subscribe to kenpom. Here are the current tempo stats for H League teams, by their rank among all 351 D1 teams:

Valparaiso 179
Oakland 24
Green Bay 12
Wright St. 49
NKU 97
CSU 207
YSU 29
UIC 15
Milwaukee 331
Detroit 91

You read that right: 331. By the way, until last year every Rob Jeter team at Milwaukee played at a tempo ranked in the 100s or higher. Last year's was in the 260s.

Now personally I have no particular tempo preference. I just find this interesting.