Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Another article on Giannis, but a good read.

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/03/gia...eak-jason-kidd
    That is a great article - Thanks for posting Goose.

Wow. That was a great read. Part of the enjoyment of watching this Bucks team is the lack of egos and malcontents. Guys pull for each other and want to win first. They look like they are genuinely having fun.

Giannis is the regional cover for this week's Sports Illustrated edition (with the Lee Jenkins article). The Detroit player's facial expression in the background is priceless .

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/gi...ts-illustrated

si.com is my go to site - I'm on it a few times a day - and when I read this article on Monday night I was thinking it may have been the longest SI article I've read in a long time, if ever. He certainly isn't a generic budding superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    si.com is my go to site - I'm on it a few times a day - and when I read this article on Monday night I was thinking it may have been the longest SI article I've read in a long time, if ever. He certainly isn't a generic budding superstar.
    I have subscribed to the magazine for a long time now. Always considered it the premier sports magazine with good articles (like the Lee Jenkins piece on Giannis) across the sports landscape. Had one on Mike McCarthy a few weeks ago which was also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I have subscribed to the magazine for a long time now. Always considered it the premier sports magazine with good articles (like the Lee Jenkins piece on Giannis) across the sports landscape. Had one on Mike McCarthy a few weeks ago which was also very good.
    I've been a subscriber for over 41 years now and my father was a subscriber since it first came out in '54 with the Braves Eddie Matthews on the cover. I do wish they gave more attention to some of the "minor" sports though - for example, I'm a big fan of track& field and they used to give it in depth coverage, but not anymore. However, there is the Swimsuit issue - that my mother use to "edit" BTW - I'm not sure how my father felt about that - should have asked him.

Sweet shot by Giannis for the game winner vs the Knicks - Novak right in the center of the post game celebration.

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/04/gia...er-game-winner
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 01-04-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Wow! Thought Giannis may have waited too long. Needed a close win like this on the road. Jason Terry hit some big 3's in the 4th. Great win for this young team.

Awesome finish... what I like most about this game is that the Bucks didn't play their best and still won, they found a way to fight back into it and close it out. This team is maturing and has a good stretch of games here where they could get hot.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast