Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giannis

Not bad from a publicity standpoint for Giannis. Hits a game winner in what is the most famous arena and against the Knicks.

Needed a win like this for the team to really feel like they got it in a close game. Big win for a young team. Back against the Knicks on Friday in Milwaukee.

This just made me laugh. Don't think I have ever seen this called by a ref:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...counted-010517

Giannis is currently Top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. No player in NBA history has finished a season Top 20 in all the aforementioned categories. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Giannis is currently Top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. No player in NBA history has finished a season Top 20 in all the aforementioned categories. Unreal.
    That is a crazy stat, especially from a player on a team with playoff aspirations.

"Antetokounmpo has a chance to rank in the league’s top 20 in five categories: total points (15th going into Tuesday's games), rebounds (15th), assists (tied for 18th), steals (tied for 7th) and blocks (fifth). No NBA player has ever done that for an entire season, and only two have ranked in the top 25 in all those categories: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and recently retired Kevin Garnett."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ite/100308102/
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-11-2017 at 03:40 PM.

That is very impressive, and he is just scratching the surface.
    Keep in mind for most of Wilt's career, I don't think blocked shots were even a stat, and maybe some of Kareem's too. I wonder if Wilt had some triple doubles, or even quadruple doubles with blocked shots.

Looks like Giannis is getting the Boston game off.....crazy averages;

22 points a game, 5 assists nearly 9 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 1.9 blocks......

Giannis with a very good game 1 v. Toronto, but interestingly enough, the Bucks built a nice lead late in Q3 when Giannis was out with foul trouble.

Giannis was impressive getting out on the fast break, and his one jam when he was in Ibaka's face was awesome, and may have set a tone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123