Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giannis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Giannis

Giannis follows up a huge game against the Cavs with the following stat line against Brooklyn.

23 Points, 8 boards, 8 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks, and 0 turnovers.

I didn't watch any of the game last night, but watching Giannis is getting to be worth the time. The numbers he is putting up are more than just all star numbers.
    Parker adds 22. These two may just be guys others eventually want to play with going forward in the new building.

And he did that in three quarters. Sat the entire fourth.

It's remarkable what he's doing without much of a jumpshot. His body control and shot selection has improved a ton. Even when teams sag off of him, he gets to the tin.

I think the ceiling is incredibly high on Giannis, as he started basketball later in life than most.

Just think of where he can go if he does develop a consistent jump shot threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think the ceiling is incredibly high on Giannis, as he started basketball later in life than most.

Just think of where he can go if he does develop a consistent jump shot threat.
    Even if he never becomes a consistent 3-point shooter, hopefully he can master the mid-range jump shot like D Wade has done in his career.

The kid is only 22 as of today... that's CRAZY... great move by the Bucks to lock him up long term.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Good article. Plenty of Novak comments on Giannis' work to improve his shooting. I am sure Steve serves as a good mentor to Giannis in practice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/sp...ucks.html?_r=0

Great points by Novak on Giannis. Agree with MUFAN2003 on Novak, actually having Novak around is like having a shooting coach on the team.

You can see the NY media reaches out to Novak for the article. He was very much liked in his time in NY, and was a big part of the fun Linsanity Knicks. Then Melo came back - ha.

The first and last time I link the NY Times.

Another triple-double for Giannis in win over Portland tonight (15 pts, 12 rebs, 11 assists and 4 blocks). Parker with 27 pts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast