Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Bucks just don't get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Easy to say when the Bucks are not playing that well, but it didn't stop 18,717 from showing up at the BC last Saturday night for the Bucks game. I guess is it isn't costing the Bucks much.

I would be interested to see if those same people that won't support the Bucks because they won't stay at the Trump in Chicago change their tune if next season the Bucks are playing really well. I know Trump is thin skinned when he is questioned or made fun of on the late night shows, but it seems to me some of my Trump supporter friends are more defensive than they have been with other candidates they have supported in the past. If the Packers announced they wouldn't stay in a Trump hotel, would those same fans stop watching Packer games?
    See how many show up tonight against Orlando. People will come when GS or Cleveland are in town. The upper deck will be empty.

Easy to say when the Bucks are not playing that well, but it didn't stop 18,717 from showing up at the BC last Saturday night for the Bucks game. I guess is it isn't costing the Bucks much.

I would be interested to see if those same people that won't support the Bucks because they won't stay at the Trump in Chicago change their tune if next season the Bucks are playing really well. I know Trump is thin skinned when he is questioned or made fun of on the late night shows, but it seems to me some of my Trump supporter friends are more defensive than they have been with other candidates they have supported in the past. If the Packers announced they wouldn't stay in a Trump hotel, would those same fans stop watching Packer games?
    It was Golden State on a Saturday night. The Warriors sold out the game, not the Bucks. How about that Oct. 29th Saturday night game when the Bucks had over 12,000.
    It's not the Bucks don't stay in a Trump Hotel which is the problem, it's calling the public that is paying for half of your arena just don't like being called racist. Plus, comparing the Bucks vs the Packers, is like comparing Marquette attendance vs UWM.

The Bucks will have nobody at the game tonight. Heck, MU might have more on Tuesday for IUPUI.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    The other thing that pisses many people off is how Lasry sucked up to the Republican legislature to get public funding. Then Feign coming out and saying that Milwaukee is racist. Combined with the Black Lives Matter gimmick on opening night, now combined with the announcement that they are boycotting Trump Hotels. Also didn't stop Lasry from owing up to 20% of Trump Hotels in his hedge fund. People just see how hypocritical this guy is and want no part of it.
    Thank you, for saying in a perfect way!

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It was Golden State on a Saturday night. The Warriors sold out the game, not the Bucks. How about that Oct. 29th Saturday night game when the Bucks had over 12,000.
    It's not the Bucks don't stay in a Trump Hotel which is the problem, it's calling the public that is paying for half of your arena just don't like being called racist. Plus, comparing the Bucks vs the Packers, is like comparing Marquette attendance vs UWM.

The Bucks will have nobody at the game tonight. Heck, MU might have more on Tuesday for IUPUI.
    But that is my point, if the Bucks have a big game or are playing well people will come. Same for MU or the Packers or Brewers.
    So are fans only outraged if the Bucks play Orlando, but forget they are outraged when Golden State comes to town?
    Sure some might be upset, but I don't think it will have any lasting impact if the Bucks play well.

But that is my point, if the Bucks have a big game or are playing well people will come. Same for MU or the Packers or Brewers.
    So are fans only outraged if the Bucks play Orlando, but forget they are outraged when Golden State comes to town?
    Sure some might be upset, but I don't think it will have any lasting impact if the Bucks play well.
    Nobody said it will have a lasting impact.

Fact of the matter is right now, the Bucks are not a winning team. Have not won since 2001 and will not win this year. So, that if, has a bad track record. Most home games for the Bucks are a joke for all the empty seats in the building.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-21-2016 at 02:29 PM.

That is not the point. The point is the Bucks have problems selling tickets except for marquee games. The point is the Bucks should keep their politics to themselves and not alienate 50% of the potential ticket buyers at a time when they need those ticket buyers. If the Bucks were a good team and there was demand for their tickets, they could afford to anger potential buyers because there would be more people willing to buy them.

Agree the Bucks have problems selling tickets, but I think winning will change that dynamic. Also agree the Bucks have to be careful with public relations because they are not a sure fire playoff team at this point.

Bucks ticket holders that I know, that are also Republicans, haven't said anything about not going to the games for which they have tickets because they are offended the Bucks won't stay at the Trump hotel in Chicago, or that the team president called Milwaukee a racist city. I think some are using it as an excuse who didn't plan on going anyway.
    I also flip between two different sports radio shows while driving home, granted my commute in the evening is short, but it is more Packer talk and haven't really heard much about a Bucks backlash.

Sure some Trump supporters may be offended, but I really don't think it is going to affect the Bucks that much, I think the W-L is what will impact attendance. I understand you disagree.

Agree the Bucks have problems selling tickets, but I think winning will change that dynamic. Also agree the Bucks have to be careful with public relations because they are not a sure fire playoff team at this point.

Bucks ticket holders that I know, that are also Republicans, haven't said anything about not going to the games for which they have tickets because they are offended the Bucks won't stay at the Trump hotel in Chicago, or that the team president called Milwaukee a racist city. I think some are using it as an excuse who didn't plan on going anyway.
    I also flip between two different sports radio shows while driving home, granted my commute in the evening is short, but it is more Packer talk and haven't really heard much about a Bucks backlash.

Sure some Trump supporters may be offended, but I really don't think it is going to affect the Bucks that much, I think the W-L is what will impact attendance. I understand you disagree.
    Can we agree that Jason Kidd is the worst coach in the NBA?

I have to ask. Free tickets don't count. Who on here pays and attends Bucks games?

I paid for and bought tickets to five games last season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast