Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucks just don't get it..

I also remember walking up at game time and getting a ticket to a Badger football game in almost any section except the student section back in the 1990s. Then they began to win, so now the place is full.

My opinion is sports fans really don't care as long as their teams win. I'd guess most people wouldn't like Favre or Rodgers at all if they knew them well, but we don't care if they are winning. Jordan was a famous womanizer and gambler, Bulls fans didn't care because he was winning. We had an owner that was a Democratic Senator, when we won the place was full, when we didn't plenty of seats were open. I don't ever recall people saying, he's a Democrat so I'm not buying tickets.

I get what MU/Panther is saying and agree. The Bucks are becoming far too political for my taste. I don't care what side you would be on, you alienate half of your fan base by being as in your face political as they have been. Frankly, I prefer sports without politics at all, but that is not the way sports are going. If it continues this way, it will impact my desire to follow the team/sport. I use sports as entertainment and a diversion to the other things in life.

Some believe the NFL is losing ratings due to the National Anthem protests. There may be something to that, though I also think the product is weaker this year.

I'm a Republican (who didn't vote for Trump) and I think this is being blown out of proportion. Frankly, I'm surprised they stayed in any of the Trump hotels in the first place, after he announced his candidacy. The big misstep was Feigin spouting off in Madison, given the bipartisan support for the arena project.

The leadership group is interesting to me. Edens and Dinan understand what plays well here, and don't rock the boat too much. Lasry and Feigin are brash and arrogant, and they don't know how to turn it off. It doesn't surprise me they tend to be at the center of these mini controversies.
    Last edited by MUfan12; 11-16-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Well, when the Bucks are calling Trump a racist. Your are kind'va saying who voted for Trump is a racist, which many is your paying customers.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Well, when the Bucks are calling Trump a racist. Your are kind'va saying who voted for Trump is a racist, which many is your paying customers.
    Jabari saying that and the Bucks saying it are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Jabari saying that and the Bucks saying it are two different things.
    I mostly agree with your statement.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I'm a Republican (who didn't vote for Trump) and I think this is being blown out of proportion. Frankly, I'm surprised they stayed in any of the Trump hotels in the first place, after he announced his candidacy. The big misstep was Feigin spouting off in Madison, given the bipartisan support for the arena project.

The leadership group is interesting to me. Edens and Dinan understand what plays well here, and don't rock the boat too much. Lasry and Feigin are brash and arrogant, and they don't know how to turn it off. It doesn't surprise me they tend to be at the center of these mini controversies.
    The Trump hotel is just one of the many. If it were only that, I would agree with your first paragraph. As for the 2nd, agree completely.

General consensus is from many I have talked to that they will no longer support the Bucks. In my bowling league tonight several people walked up to the counter and asked them to turn the Bucks game off. General consensus on radio call in shows is that I would estimate 60% or more of the people don't like the Bucks stance. This is going to cost them revenue. I personally go to four or five Bucks games a year and I won't anymore, just because of Lasry's outward politics, and I am not even a Trump supporter.

The other thing that pisses many people off is how Lasry sucked up to the Republican legislature to get public funding. Then Feign coming out and saying that Milwaukee is racist. Combined with the Black Lives Matter gimmick on opening night, now combined with the announcement that they are boycotting Trump Hotels. Also didn't stop Lasry from owing up to 20% of Trump Hotels in his hedge fund. People just see how hypocritical this guy is and want no part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    General consensus is from many I have talked to that they will no longer support the Bucks. In my bowling league tonight several people walked up to the counter and asked them to turn the Bucks game off. General consensus on radio call in shows is that I would estimate 60% or more of the people don't like the Bucks stance. This is going to cost them revenue. I personally go to four or five Bucks games a year and I won't anymore, just because of Lasry's outward politics, and I am not even a Trump supporter.
    Easy to say when the Bucks are not playing that well, but it didn't stop 18,717 from showing up at the BC last Saturday night for the Bucks game. I guess is it isn't costing the Bucks much.

I would be interested to see if those same people that won't support the Bucks because they won't stay at the Trump in Chicago change their tune if next season the Bucks are playing really well. I know Trump is thin skinned when he is questioned or made fun of on the late night shows, but it seems to me some of my Trump supporter friends are more defensive than they have been with other candidates they have supported in the past. If the Packers announced they wouldn't stay in a Trump hotel, would those same fans stop watching Packer games?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast