Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bucks just don't get it..

The Bucks just don't get it..

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...tels/93953286/

America voted and voted Trump. Deal with it. There is always winners and losers every four years. For the Bucks running a business that got state money from the tax payers for the new arena that was lead by Scott Walker, it has been now 3 mistakes by the team leaders of this team. First, Peter Feigin comments about Milwaukee being the "most segregated, racist" place. Second, on opening night with the cops and military carring out the stars and stripes with the guy on the guitar with Black Lives Matter taped on it and now this. Fine, don't stay at Trump Hotel. Who cares. Don't make it public. You are upsetting half of your fan base. Is that the way you want to run your business? Good luck with those un-NBA crowds you get during the week, that looks like Grambling is play Marquette. That 12,000 paid crowd on a Saturday night on Oct. 29th. The tax payers should be treated better, who are paying for half of the arena.
    March Madness starts in November

It could be because some players might have refused to stay at a Trump hotel and they thought this might be the best way to address the situation.

Then, don't make it public to ESPN. No comment would have worked.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-16-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Bucks are not the only team to have announced that, although I think one team said starting in the following year as they had contracts they couldn't get out of for one of the Trump hotels.

No secret where teams stay on the road. Not sure it is that big of a deal. I work for a competing bank to the one that sponsors the Brewers, but I still go to games and support the team.

Can't imagine some fans will stop going to games because of this but who knows. I guess maybe that coupled with and having a star player, whose family lives here with him that is not a citizen could be the tipping point. I personally think winning basketball would make more of a difference.

Well, I have heard from fans and heard e-mails from talk shows of people very upset over opening night and who refuse to go. It's not like the Bucks are drawing fans now. Listen, your missing the point. Some will not be upset and you are one of them who this doesn't bother. Fine, to each it's own. Others are upset and will be. Why, piss them off as the Bucks are terrible in the attendance number.

I get it, some people are so into Trump that this will turn them against the Bucks. If the Bucks start playing playoff level basketball, my guess is they will fill the seats.

The Cubs owners were over the top Trump supporters, but it sure didn't seem to stop Dems and Reps fans alike from going to Wrigley or spending money on the Cubs. You think Democrat fans won't show up to Wrigley next year? I doubt it. Winning fills seats, everything else is an excuse. I'd be surprised if sponsors pulled or season ticket holders bailed because of this, but then again, I've been wrong before.

It's not that people are so into Trump. Your comparing the Bucks vs the Cubs. Hummm.

Your correct, if the Bucks win. Well, they have not one a playoff series since 2001. Odds are not in their favor. Pre-season not even picked to make the playoffs, so the Bucks should not be pissing off the fan base and paying customers.

"Marc Lasry, one of the Bucks' three primary owners, is a donor to the Democratic party and longtime supporter of both Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton." With sports, it is nice to get away from politics. I love Jabari Parker and how he carries himself. I was really disappointed to hear him claim Trump is racist. Ask Amarosa how racist Trump is. Or Kellyanne Conway about misogyny, a woman he trusted and decided should be his campaign manager in the most crucial months of the election. In terms of immigration, he views it as a matter of illegal versus legal immigration. A bit unfair to say he is anti-immigrant.

I also agree with Goose, the Bucks are 5-4. There is enthusiasm for Parker and Giannis. If they can keep winning, attendance will improve. Winning is always the remedy for improved attendance.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 11-16-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Bucks are 29th out of 30 NBA teams in attendance. If there is enthusiasm, it's not showing up in attendance. Lead by a Saturday night in October that had a paid crowd of 12,570.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-16-2016 at 03:29 PM.

I understand that fully MUPanther. Not saying attendance is high now. Simply that continuing to win will improve things along with having 2 young, emerging stars that legitimately could be All-Stars this season. In 2001, Sporting News ranked the BC the loudest venue in the NBA. No coincidence that was the year they were in the Eastern Conference Finals. As a sidenote, it also might be an indicator of the state of the economy and levels of disposable income.... 2001 versus 2016.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast