Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Bucks just don't get it..

I paid and went to one game the past two seasons. Was thinking about Dec. 23 as I look for dates that don't interfere with college hoops. I might take a pass.
    My wife and I will be going to our first Admirals game at UWM Panther Arena on Dec. 26 as Admirals owner Harris Turner gets it. Has handled the cold shoulder treatment of the new arena with great class.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    But that is my point, if the Bucks have a big game or are playing well people will come. Same for MU or the Packers or Brewers.
    So are fans only outraged if the Bucks play Orlando, but forget they are outraged when Golden State comes to town?
    Sure some might be upset, but I don't think it will have any lasting impact if the Bucks play well.
    It will have a lasting impact if they continue to be political and antagonize 50% of the population. That is not a good marketing idea. The NBA is a tough sell to begin with, compared to the other sports. Become a political beast and you lower those that would be interested in giving up their hard earned money for a ticket.

I don't care if they are conservative or liberal. It's dumb to continue to poke at half of the buying public.

If the Bucks win they will draw fans, anyone who wants to pretend the political stuff will hinder that is wrong. Look across the NBA there are quite a few players, and coaches speaking out about politics and the overall attendance numbers across the league set records last year in overall and average attendance. The Bucks are a young team with a bright future and a new arena coming, their attendance will rise just based off those factors. Yes the political comments may have upset a small group of folks, but I think you would be surprised by how many were unaware, or simply didn't care. I have my political views, and they don't line up with the ownership of the Bucks, but if I only purchased things from companies that had owners I liked and agreed with I would be missing out on a lot of things. Just my opinion though.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I'm not saying any of this has to do with is, but why risk it.
    Friday night vs Toronto, the paid crowd was 16,223. Not good. Tonight vs the Cavs, doesn't even look close to sell-out. Pathetic! Edit: 16,559 was the paid crowd.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-29-2016 at 09:52 PM.

So you think on a Tuesday night 2,400 less than a sellout is not a decent crowd for a team under .500?
    Do you think all of those upper deck corner seats would have normally been purchased by Donald Trump supporters who still remember the team isn't staying at the Trump Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    So you think on a Tuesday night 2,400 less than a sellout is not a decent crowd for a team under .500?
    Do you think all of those upper deck corner seats would have normally been purchased by Donald Trump supporters who still remember the team isn't staying at the Trump Chicago?
    I just said it yesterday, but why risk it. This franchise is a joke for years. Pathetic!! Not coming close to selling out versus Toronto and the Cavs, way more so versus the Cavs is pathetic! Bucks jack up the ticket prices and the game doesn't even come close to a sell-out.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 11-30-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I just said it yesterday, but why risk it. This franchise is a joke for years. Pathetic!! Not coming close to selling out versus Toronto and the Cavs, way more so versus the Cavs is pathetic! Bucks jack up the ticket prices and the game doesn't even come close to a sell-out.

You just needed a SAD! and this would have been a great Trump tweet.
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2010 View Post
    You just needed a SAD! and this would have been a great Trump tweet.
    Believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Bucks are 29th out of 30 NBA teams in attendance. If there is enthusiasm, it's not showing up in attendance. Lead by a Saturday night in October that had a paid crowd of 12,570.
    The Bucks are moving up in the attendance rankings, now are 26th, and closing in on 25th... no, that's absolutely nothing to brag about, but I think they are showing some promise and people are beginning to notice a very little bit. If they can stay in the playoff hunt come March / April I think they can really jump up the list and get closer to the middle of the pack. That would be a success for one of the smallest markets in the NBA.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    The Bucks are moving up in the attendance rankings, now are 26th, and closing in on 25th... no, that's absolutely nothing to brag about, but I think they are showing some promise and people are beginning to notice a very little bit. If they can stay in the playoff hunt come March / April I think they can really jump up the list and get closer to the middle of the pack. That would be a success for one of the smallest markets in the NBA.
    Back to back wins over the Bulls will sure help.
    Giannis becoming a star with big games against big time players (Lebron - Butler / Wade) will help too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast