Thread: @Memphis - 11.16.16

@Memphis - 11.16.16

Wednesday, November 16th, 2016
    7 pm
    FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN
    TV: ESPN3
    Radio: WISN

Milwaukee Panthers (1-0, kinda) vs Memphis Tigers (1-0)

Tigers won 94-75 against the University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, formerly known as UT-Pan American. The only shocking thing here is that anyone thought that UTRGV was a good name for a school. The Tigers were led by local brothers K.J (25 points/8 rebounds) and Dedric Lawson (19 points/15 boards). Those guys should get the lion's share (Tiger's share?) of the workload because of their length.

Predictions? I'm gonna say we get a run or two and the game will be a 16-point loss, 75-59. Add in your predictions here.

Fun fact: LaVall Jordan's first Division I regular season game is against Memphis, the same team who was the first Division I regular season opponent for Rob Jeter. The Tigers won that matchup in 2005, 79-52. They were also ranked #1 in the country to start the season.

Knowing nothing about Memphis's team other than their Head Coach, and having seen the abundance of good things I saw from our team Friday, I am going to predict that the Panthers beat the spread (+17 on ESPN.com) and keep it within single digits. 84-77.

I think a single-digit loss is definitely achievable. While the team doesn't return much talent, there's also not much tape for Memphis to digest. So we very well could have a decent showing tonight. Let's hope so; Coach Val could use a surprise victory in the early season to muster enthusiasm for the program.

No free throw attempts for Milwaukee in the first half. Free Throw Rate is one of the four keys to victory. Gotta get to the line.

Plenty to be frustrated about. Plenty to be hopeful about. We got a lot in front of us.