Thread: OT - Bill Simmons HBO show cancelled

OT - Bill Simmons HBO show cancelled

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/11...e-media-circus

Don't have HBO so never saw it - wonder where he ends up next - immensely talented and I like his stuff, but can see why some folks are not a fan.

Anybody see that show?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    http://www.si.com/tech-media/2016/11...e-media-circus

Don't have HBO so never saw it - wonder where he ends up next - immensely talented and I like his stuff, but can see why some folks are not a fan.

Anybody see that show?

I can handle smug when it's packaged with intellect and thoughtfulness. His over the top obsession with being a Boston fanboy, however, is really annoying. ESPN really started this whole thing with allowing their "reporters" and "personalities" to openly root for teams when the camera went on. To me, that's a journalistic integrity issue and Simmons and Wilbon are the two that immediately come to mind as the biggest violators.

Wilbon openly rooted for Chicago-area teams when he was a columnist for the Washington Post - long before the ESPN gig.

VS

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post
    Wilbon openly rooted for Chicago-area teams when he was a columnist for the Washington Post - long before the ESPN gig.

VS
    ...and he is often an apologist for any transgressions committed by any of his guys. That being said, PTI is DVR'd each and every single day for me - smart, substantive and funny. Not the contrived drivel from Stephen A. Smith, Collin Cowherd and their ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantSailor View Post

VS
    Correct but ESPN gave mass scale visibility to it. That was my intended point and I've never thought that was OK for a reporter/journalist. I guess there's not enough Bob McGinn's in the world.