Thread: Exhibition vs. CUW

Exhibition vs. CUW

Concordia University Wisconsin

vs.

Milwaukee

Sat. Nov. 5th, 2pm

Klotsche Center

The good guys won 77-62, after a first half that was much closer than I would have liked.

I couldn't believe how disinterested I was in the final score.

It's not that I don't care, I'm just new to not being concerned about the score. I've been steeling myself to be ready for a long season. Final record doesn't matter. Hopefully we can win enough games that it doesn't look embarrassing - 9-22 and 8-24 were not fun.

Thankfully, the schedule is built in a way that should make a record like those very reachable.

We have some games that are as close to sure wins as possible:

MSOE
    Jacksonville
    Montana State
    Western Illinois

And that's just in the non-conference. As tough as our season looks, we may not even be the worst team in the Horizon League - Detroit dropped both non-D-I exhibition games, albeit because a couple key players didn't play in one or both of the contests.

Knowing that Jeremy Johnson and Brock Stull led the team in scoring gives me a good feeling.

I couldn't believe how disinterested I was in the final score.

It's not that I don't care, I'm just new to not being concerned about the score. I've been steeling myself to be ready for a long season. Final record doesn't matter. Hopefully we can win enough games that it doesn't look embarrassing - 9-22 and 8-24 were not fun.

Thankfully, the schedule is built in a way that should make a record like those very reachable.

We have some games that are as close to sure wins as possible:

MSOE
    Jacksonville
    Montana State
    Western Illinois

And that's just in the non-conference. As tough as our season looks, we may not even be the worst team in the Horizon League - Detroit dropped both non-D-I exhibition games, albeit because a couple key players didn't play in one or both of the contests.

Knowing that Jeremy Johnson and Brock Stull led the team in scoring gives me a good feeling.

It's really sad how dead this board is. Deader than it's ever been. I was going to start a thread for the MSOE game, but what's the point? It's like Kramer and Newman doing a talk show in Kramer's apartment with no cameras.

If only we knew who killed it.

Gotta be honest, I have utterly no interest in the program this year. None. What could have been a great season has no chance whatsoever of being that. And what was accomplished for this sacrifice? Absolutely nothing. In a BEST case scenario, in three or four years LaVall might have the program back to where Rob already had it. That's the best case scenario!

I'm sorry for LJ -- he seems like a good guy. I'm sorry for him that he didn't wait for an opportunity at a place where he could work with people who he could be sure would support him and his program. That's not Milwaukee. Here good people -- players, coaches, fans, boosters -- and good programs are tossed over the side without any realistic plan or capability to replace them with something better. It makes me ill to consider it.

Fortunately for me I have been a Badger fan almost as long as I have been a Panther fan. Gard is a also a very good guy, and he has a great group of kids who will have a great season. So let's go red. Jimmy, if that irritates you, you need to consider something: any argument you want to make that what's good for Wisconsin (or that others might make about what's good for Marquette) being bad for Milwaukee? Utterly irrelevant in an era when we have made our own program irrelevant.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    So let's go red. Jimmy, if that irritates you, you need to consider something: any argument you want to make that what's good for Wisconsin (or that others might make about what's good for Marquette) being bad for Milwaukee? Utterly irrelevant in an era when we have made our own program irrelevant.
    I've got nothing. That would be like young Democrats spending time blaming the President-Elect for their loss rather than point the finger at their own party leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    I've got nothing. That would be like young Democrats spending time blaming the President-Elect for their loss rather than point the finger at their own party leadership.
    +1

Or, you know, they could've stayed awake or showed up to Pol Sci 104 and been taught why there is an Electoral College. But I digress...

I will boo (and did Friday) Braun and Mone every time they step on that court until they are gone, however, I will be damned if I will give them the satisfaction of driving me away. No chance in Hell.

I got to meet LaVall at Goolsby's post-game. Very magnanimous and genuinely friendly guy. When I remarked that the student section was fuller than every sub-D-1 game since 2010 combined (it was literally Green Bay or ESPN game level, with no giveaway besides a schedule magnet, and not including the upper corner that was given to MSOE students), he told me that he and some of the players were working the union during lunchtime. This is a POSITIVE development!

Quote Originally Posted by MayorCK View Post
    It's really sad how dead this board is. Deader than it's ever been. I was going to start a thread for the MSOE game, but what's the point? It's like Kramer and Newman doing a talk show in Kramer's apartment with no cameras.
    "How about a guest host?"