Thread: Four games at the Klotsche? Really!!??

Four games at the Klotsche? Really!!??

Every time I think things can't get any worse for this program our admin proves me wrong. In addition to the exhibition game AND the Western Illinois game in the non-conference season, it has now been announced that the final two CONFERENCE games -- Detroit and Oakland -- will be played at the Klotsche! If any one thing has been proved definitively in the last few years, it's that we CANNOT continue to play games in that D-III level gymnasium. Unless that's where our brain trust is going to take us -- wittingly or unwittingly.

It's truly a case of not knowing whether to laugh or cry at the continuing devolution of our program.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

So they aren't playing home games at the Arena with their name on the building? That seems...very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So they aren't playing home games at the Arena with their name on the building? That seems...very strange.
    The Arena with their name on it, but which they don't entirely control. i wonder what's written into the contract between the WCD and the Athletics department. How much benefit does paying for naming rights actually confer on the program?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Personally, if I were UWM's athletic department, I would see if the Admirals would like to take over naming rights of the Arena. Then I would use that money to build a baseball stadium that is at least as nice as Kapco Park.

News flash: No one gives a **** about college baseball.