Thread: Entire Men's BB team honored for academic success

Entire Men's BB team honored for academic success

http://mkepanthers.com/news/2016/7/2...px?path=mbball

Good thing we got rid of that staff that won multiple championships, took us to multiple NCAA tournaments and mentored an entire roster of players to put aside the bitter disappointment of being penalized for others' failings on the academic side by achieving this honor.

And oh by the way, that had us poised for a run at another championship and another tournament featuring three high-major quality senior players who also happened to be great character kids who always represented the University with class. Anyone want to venture a guess as to the next time we will have a set of senior players like that on our roster? No offense to LaVall, but I'm going with "never." A mid-major program like ours will get a chance like this -- if we're lucky -- in the rarest of years. To throw it away is unconscionable. To throw it away for no good reason is criminal.

I'm sure those who never warmed to Coach Jeter will come out by the thousands every game to cheer the boys on in their valiant fight to stay out of the cellar this year. (Actually, I'm sure the first part won't happen at all.) As for me, the indefensible decision to tear down the program and alienate so many of its fans, alums and supporters has driven me away. When I think of Panther basketball this year, I'll always be thinking those saddest words of tongue and pen: what might have been.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

So true, so true BBF!!! Can't wait to read how MUPanther an the other department apologists spin this. Any other great recruits that have narrowed their choices between UWM and Eastern Illinois on campus today? The program is DEAD. Thanks Amanda. Now go help the Chancellor with his Pokémon efforts. What a sad, sad joke. Your Panthers are a JOKE!

How do you "like" a post on here? I keep expecting to wake up from this catastrophe.

Some coaches outside the previous staff tell me that the program may be competitive again in three to five years.

What are the odds L.J. will have that much time?
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 08-02-2016 at 04:44 AM.

I'll defend LaVall Jordan to the death with these clowns in the administration. I'm not going to let them turn on him like they turned on Jeter. He doesn't deserve that.

How do you keep them from turning on him? I'll bet that his contract has a two-way out.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    How do you keep them from turning on him? I'll bet that his contract has a two-way out.
    Indeed. How do you keep the AD administration from turning on Coach Jordan? Amanda the Genius Braun went after Jeter, and got rid of him. What's to stop her from treating Jordan the same way?

Especially since LaVall Jordan wasn't her choice, anyway. (I also wonder whether observing to the campus administration that her choice for the job has been signing players that Milwaukee has been targeting would help her cause or hurt it?)

She's probably savvy enough to know that she can't be outwardly hostile toward him. But "performance" is her buzzword, and Coach Jordan and his staff have to dig themselves out of a hole that isn't of their making. i don't know how much of a chance she will actually give him.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I have also noticed the recruiting scoreline between South Dakota State and Milwaukee. Not pretty.

I was just flipping through posts here and noticed that Skrapheap, which is what the Milwaukee program has become, really hits it on the head.