http://mkepanthers.com/news/2016/7/2...px?path=mbball

Good thing we got rid of that staff that won multiple championships, took us to multiple NCAA tournaments and mentored an entire roster of players to put aside the bitter disappointment of being penalized for others' failings on the academic side by achieving this honor.

And oh by the way, that had us poised for a run at another championship and another tournament featuring three high-major quality senior players who also happened to be great character kids who always represented the University with class. Anyone want to venture a guess as to the next time we will have a set of senior players like that on our roster? No offense to LaVall, but I'm going with "never." A mid-major program like ours will get a chance like this -- if we're lucky -- in the rarest of years. To throw it away is unconscionable. To throw it away for no good reason is criminal.

I'm sure those who never warmed to Coach Jeter will come out by the thousands every game to cheer the boys on in their valiant fight to stay out of the cellar this year. (Actually, I'm sure the first part won't happen at all.) As for me, the indefensible decision to tear down the program and alienate so many of its fans, alums and supporters has driven me away. When I think of Panther basketball this year, I'll always be thinking those saddest words of tongue and pen: what might have been.