Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milwaukee Announces 2016-17 Nonconference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Montana87 View Post
    And they're all getting outrecruited by TJ !!! Amanda, great hire, not !! Can you still look 'Val' in the eye?
    Oh! What a tangled web we weave ...
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 07-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DKelly28 View Post
    UWM started the series run from 1992-2016 with a win and ended it with a win.
    Well, we can hang our hat on the bookends, and forget all the horror stories between them.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    I think that there may be more to it than that.
    No doubt. I would've at least liked to see a date with Michigan on this schedule though. We haven't had a schedule with no Power 5 teams in a very long time. I don't consider the AAC (Memphis) in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Oh! What a tangled web we weave ...
    Paul, check your messages. Sent you something.

Over on the eunuch board, someone was claiming both that this is a very challenging schedule and noting that it was apparently finished and released a couple of months sooner than Jeter's staff ever achieved. (Not that i am implying that the two propositions contradict each other.)

As i said earlier, I don't know enough to judge the quality, but i am noticing the timing. Folks have been lamenting the difficulty that mid-major programs have, partly to explain why it took so long to finish a schedule? To what do we attribute the difference? Did Jeter and company hold out for better games, or at least better-timed games? Did the new staff take what they could get, or are they better negotiators? Or did the turmoil surrounding Jeter's departure and the loss of key players make Milwaukee easier to schedule this year?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I suspect that the Ohio and Loyola (and possibly the Montana State) games are "buy" games, suggesting both the program's diminished profile and the perception of the team going into 2016-17. Plenty of calls to these programs in the past went unreturned.

DePaul wouldn't play Milwaukee last year; this year, UWM is back on their schedule.

It seems that some have forgotten that we not only played two Big Ten teams last year, but also finagled a game at No. 17 Notre Dame.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 07-30-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12