Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 Non-Conference Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    This is what always bothers me when they talk about Duke's winning streak at home vs. non conference opponents. The thing is, they rarely play a top flight non conf opponent at home, because they don't do home and homes. They will go to a neutral site for a TV game, but never will they have the likes of another blue blood come into their building. So they wind up playing a mid major or two at home and the rest are cream puffs. With their talent, of course they are going to dominate at home.
    Also factors into why they haven't sold out student tickets in some years too.

This is what always bothers me when they talk about Duke's winning streak at home vs. non conference opponents. The thing is, they rarely play a top flight non conf opponent at home, because they don't do home and homes. They will go to a neutral site for a TV game, but never will they have the likes of another blue blood come into their building. So they wind up playing a mid major or two at home and the rest are cream puffs. With their talent, of course they are going to dominate at home.

They play a home game in the Big 10-ACC challenge every other year - this year they have MSU. They also play a lot of big games "home games" New York or New Jersey in front of their other fan base. I think that's the reason for the numbers you're posting about. However, I don't think the purpose is to pad their home win record - simply to bring Duke basketball closer to their alumni.

Dec. 19th St. Francis
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnaVsPyXEAAHGJ6.jpg

13-17 (9-9 conf) 266 RPI
    ended on a 6 game losing streak
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 07-15-2016 at 09:31 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Dec. 19th St. Francis
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnaVsPyXEAAHGJ6.jpg

13-17 (9-9 conf) 266 RPI
    ended on a 6 game losing streak
    At least SFU is not sub-300. Actually, the final NCAA (and Nolan ) RPI is 263. Give these guys a break.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 07-15-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    At least SFU is not sub-300. Actually, the final NCAA (and Nolan ) RPI is 263. Give these guys a break.
    Saw that someone said they lose their 3 top scorers. I agree, at least they are not a 300-sub RPI team. Nice game on a Monday night after exam week. I'm fine with it.

St. Francis (PA) past seasons
    2014-15 16-16
    2013-14 10-21
    2012-13 5-24
    2011-12 6-23
    March Madness starts in November

They do lose their top 3 scorers and leading rebounder, but they also had some young guys who got some minutes. Like others, I have no issues with this and is also a team from the northeast, which is important for exposure

Playing St Francis of PA. Perhaps MU will have a promotion where they will bless pets at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Playing St Francis of PA. Perhaps MU will have a promotion where they will bless pets at halftime.
    Well, Wojo did say in this mornings You Tube video release that they wanted to do more for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Gotta bring some of those Doggy Doo bags...

They do lose their top 3 scorers and leading rebounder, but they also had some young guys who got some minutes. Like others, I have no issues with this and is also a team from the northeast, which is important for exposure
    how does this provide any exposure for MU in the northeast? I could be very wrong, but I highly doubt they are discussed much on the news or in the papers up there.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast