Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Day - Bucks Predictions

Draft Day - Bucks Predictions

It's Draft Day.

Right now the Bucks have the #10 pick.

Seems most think the draft is a crap shoot after #2.

While I'm not sure that this is who I would pick, I think the Bucks pick Poeltl over Henry and the two Mich State guys, but hoping somebody falls.

I wouldn't mind the Bucks taking a round 2 flyer on Diamond Stone if he lasts. Wouldn't mind Levert from Michigan or Zhou Qi from China in round 2 either.

Torn on Big East guys Bentil and Whitehead, but I would consider taking them in round 2 as well.

I think the Bucks pick Henry at #10.
    March Madness starts in November

I think the Bucks want Poeltl but something tells me he will go 1-2 picks earlier. Bucks will take one of the two from MSU, probably Deyonta Davis.

I just don't know about Stone - a ton of upside, but does he have the toughness to play the post in the NBA?

Henry will go to Phoneix.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The guy I have been thinking they pick for the longest time is Poeltl. That of course means I am probably wrong. I don't like this draft at all so I would trade it in a heartbeat for a good shooting guard who can play defense.

I can't say the name Jakob Poeltl without in the Bill Walton voice!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    The guy I have been thinking they pick for the longest time is Poeltl. That of course means I am probably wrong. I don't like this draft at all so I would trade it in a heartbeat for a good shooting guard who can play defense.
    Can Valentine fit that role, shooting guard that can play D? didn't see enough of him to know if he is an NBA defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Can Valentine fit that role, shooting guard that can play D? didn't see enough of him to know if he is an NBA defender.
    I don't know. I would prefer a veteran who is already established.

Walton - "JJJah-cub Purtle"? Is that right?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I think the Bucks want Poeltl but something tells me he will go 1-2 picks earlier. Bucks will take one of the two from MSU, probably Deyonta Davis.

I just don't know about Stone - a ton of upside, but does he have the toughness to play the post in the NBA?

Henry will go to Phoneix.
    The only hesitation I have on the Bucks picking Davis is that it seems they want a guy they think can play and contribute now, and from the sounds of it Davis is a couple year down the road project.

All depends on if they move Monroe or not. If they keep Monroe, then no need for Davis to be ready to play.

I also think the Bucks end up taking Poeltl at #10. Sacramento at #8 has Demarcus Cousins at center. Toronto at #9 has Jonas Valanciunas at center. Henry as a stretch 4 and backup center would seem to fit in well with either of those 2 teams. Toronto will likely lose Bismack Biyombo, so maybe they would take Poeltl to fill the backup center role. If it were me at #10, and it was between Henry and Poeltl, I take Henry. I don't think either will be a great defender, but Henry has the potential to have a more diverse offensive game (ball-handling, passing, scoring on all 3 levels) yet still has great size.

At #36 and #38, Bucks should look at a shot blocking center and defensive guard that can shoot: Malcolm Brogdon, AJ Hammons, Chinanu Onuaku, Isaiah Whitehead, Ben Bentil and Stephen Zimmerman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast