Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Butler to Timberwolves?

Jimmy to Boston would be cool because it would bring him and Jae back together. Although who knows, maybe Jae would be a part of the trade.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Jimmy would be a great addition to most any team, because he plays defense at a high level.

How about Middleton and Monroe, and we filp flop first rounders for Butler. We might have to sweeten the pot or take back a salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Jimmy would be a great addition to most any team, because he plays defense at a high level.

How about Middleton and Monroe, and we filp flop first rounders for Butler. We might have to sweeten the pot or take back a salary.
    If I'm the Bulls GM, any Butler trade needs to get a high enough draft pick back that allows them to pick Dunn (and that is not a possibility at 10th). Also, the only Bucks piece that intrigues me is Giannis, and he's not being traded.

To answer 72's point, I think you are underrating LaVine. He's a 21 year old guard that averaged 14 points per game and hit 38% of his threes in his second season. LaVine is the exact type of young piece that you want in return on a trade. It would be nice to get another big like Dieng back also, but LaVine and Dunn is a pretty good return for a non-elite player.
    #BringShakaHome

Jimmy may not be considered an elite player, but a guy like Scottie Pippen is in the Hall of Fame and Jimmy is in his league.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Jimmy may not be considered an elite player, but a guy like Scottie Pippen is in the Hall of Fame and Jimmy is in his league.
    Jimmy is not in the same league as one of the 50 best players of all time.

His production on offense and his defensive ability put him at an All-Star level.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Jimmy is not in the same league as one of the 50 best players of all time.
    Many don't believe that Pippen really is/was one of the top 50 of all time.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jimmy Butler is a top 30 player in the NBA. I'd be hard pressed to find 5 SGs better than him (Harden, Thomas, then ?).

Problem is, in Chicago SGs play in the shadow of Jordan.

From what I heard Chicago said no with no Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    If I'm the Bulls GM, any Butler trade needs to get a high enough draft pick back that allows them to pick Dunn (and that is not a possibility at 10th). Also, the only Bucks piece that intrigues me is Giannis, and he's not being traded.

To answer 72's point, I think you are underrating LaVine. He's a 21 year old guard that averaged 14 points per game and hit 38% of his threes in his second season. LaVine is the exact type of young piece that you want in return on a trade. It would be nice to get another big like Dieng back also, but LaVine and Dunn is a pretty good return for a non-elite player.
    I'm not underestimating Lavine. Jimmy is a proven all star. This is a weak draft. The picks after number 2 are not worth much. Last I heard just about every pick after number 2 is on the market. Who knows if Dunn will be any good. If I'm the Bulls I would make that trade for the 5 pick, Wiggins and Dieng, or 5 pick, Wiggins and Lavine.

To another persons point, the Celtics have too many draft picks in a weak draft. They are trying to get someone to take them off their hands or swap picks for next year. If they keep the picks they most likely will use some of them on international players that they could stash for a few years.

The Bucks don't have enough ammunition to make a Butler trade.

Dunn? Butler is 10 times the player Dunn is going to be. Jimmy Butler is a very good basketball player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast