Thread: Arena Ground Breaking, June 18th

March Madness starts in November

Question
    Does anyone think Marquette should be part of this event?

Thought I heard President Lovell was there. It was reported that about 20k fans showed up for the groundbreaking. The weather cooperated as well.

I hope they will have one of those 24/7 on site cameras so you everyone can monitor the progress of the construction like they did for the AL, the Library, Dental & Engineering (law?) schools. I wasted hours hitting the refresh buttons, particularly during conference calls.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Thought I heard President Lovell was there. It was reported that about 20k fans showed up for the groundbreaking. The weather cooperated as well.
    I was there. Great crowd! Great weather! Nice eye candy! I would say it was more like 5,000 at the ceremony at noon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I hope they will have one of those 24/7 on site cameras so you everyone can monitor the progress of the construction like they did for the AL, the Library, Dental & Engineering (law?) schools. I wasted hours hitting the refresh buttons, particularly during conference calls.
    I would think so and hope so. This is a big deal for the city of Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I was there. Great crowd! Great weather! Nice eye candy! I would say it was more like 5,000 at the ceremony at noon.
    Good to hear. WISN reported nearly 20k, without tickets being sold...who knows? 20k did sound a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good to hear. WISN reported nearly 20k, without tickets being sold...who knows? 20k did sound a little high.
    WISN, channel 12 had me on for an interview, but I didn't make the cut on the news that night. Too bad, I had MU gear on.

Any time the media gives a number, cut it down by 60%. Like we ever had 100,000 for the circus on the downtown streets of Milwaukee.