Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Copa America on FOX/FS1

I know I'll be watching the Copa...the games are so much more exciting to watch. The crowds are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It's on FS1, not FOX.

They knew this might be coming as Game 6 date, was set last year.

I meant Fox as owner of FS1.

I guess they didn't think that the US would win the group and that the more likely scenario was they would play Friday.

I'll be watching the US game. Then again, I've watched all the US games and maybe a half of one game of the NBA finals.

Like March Madness, I am going to use the good old fashion cable splitter to have the USA match on the 48" with audio and the Finals game on the 32" muted.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Ratings have been pretty good for Copa America on FS1. I'll guess 1.6 million tonight.
    2 million for the USA/Paraguay match.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/201...viewing-record

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I am going to use the good old fashion cable splitter to have the USA match on the 48" with audio and the Finals game on the 32" muted.
    Mine is also 24/7, 51 inch and 32 inch!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    2 million for the USA/Paraguay match.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/201...viewing-record
    Final rating 1.822 million. Glad to see it was higher than what I guessed. Copa definitely helping FS1's primetime numbers. ESPN's primetime average topped FS1 for the week though 910K to 807K.
    March Madness starts in November

After the last USA match, the came back to the studio and immediately started talking about if Soccer in America is here and here to stay (finally) and they all agreed that the trend is massively moving in the right direction.

I am going to be very curious to see the numbers for the NBA Finals vs. Copa Quarters for Thursday night. That will give another indication of where Americans view Soccer.

Game 5 had 16.2 million viewers. I doubt it will be significantly smaller due to the soccer game.

And I think it is a little unfair to soccer to judge its performance against an NBA Finals that includes two of the biggest stars of the game.

I am not saying to compare the two and see who has the higher number of eyeballs on the games. I would be surprised if the match came close to Game 6. But if it were relatively close, then I think that sends a big message about the popularity of the sport and how it has grown over the past 5-10 years.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast