Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Schedule update

Not sure if it was a factor but with Georgia sharing a border with Florida and TN will be a relatively easy game for JJ and Haanif's families to attend.

A reported home-and-home series between Marquette and Utah will not take place, the source confirmed.
    March Madness starts in November

+ Georgia - Utah is a major downgrade for me

As a resident of metro Atlanta (Suwanee) I am very happy to see this. My guess is the Utah home and home will happen in a couple of years when Bailey enrolls. In the meantime I think this is a great strategic move getting some exposure in a market that produces a significant number of highly rated high school basketball players each year.

We get plenty of buy games, and seem to play in a tournament type event each year, so any time we get relatively good home and home games it is nice to see for season ticket holders.

Hopefully we add another, and also still work something out with Utah in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    As a resident of metro Atlanta (Suwanee) I am very happy to see this. My guess is the Utah home and home will happen in a couple of years when Bailey enrolls. In the meantime I think this is a great strategic move getting some exposure in a market that produces a significant number of highly rated high school basketball players each year.
    Swanee, jeez, you're practically in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post

Next time I hope that Marquette is more in tune with your scheduling opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbluegold03 View Post
    I disagree. Georgia is probably a small step down, but I'd rather play the lesser team. Both will be worthwhile RPI opponents. Ideally aim for mid to low level teams in high major conferences and mid to high level teams in mid to low major conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I disagree. Georgia is probably a small step down, but I'd rather play the lesser team. Both will be worthwhile RPI opponents. Ideally aim for mid to low level teams in high major conferences and mid to high level teams in mid to low major conferences.
    Utah loses Poeltl and others. Georgia could well be the better team next season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast