Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Cavs v. Warriors

OT: Cavs v. Warriors

Well we are finally just a few days away from the NBA finals, a rematch of last season.

Just curious as to who those on this board think will be crowned NBA champs in a couple weeks.

I am picking the Cavs in 6.

Lebron and the Cavs did pretty well last year without Irving and Love.
    I also think it is just a matter of time before Green gets another flagrant or two and is suspended for a game.

Who does Love or Irving guard, though? OKC's defense was so disruptive for a lot of that series, and I don't know if Cleveland has that in them.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if a rested Cavs team steals Game 1 on Thursday. GSW was put through the wringer by OKC. I'll go with a repeat of last year- Warriors in 6.

GSW in six. I have never seen an NBA team like them...and I have never seen a player like Curry.

I will say GSW in 6 also, Curry has finally found his groove again, he wasn't the same a the beginning of the OKC series, they seemed to figure it out those last three games. With that said, it should be a good series, probably not as good as the OKC/GSW series, but good none the less.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

ABC. Anybody But Cleveland. Not because of their team or individual players. Because of their douchebag owner. GSW in 6.

Why is he a douchbag owner?

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Why is he a douchbag owner?
    For what he said about Lebron when he left for Miami. No class.

They kissed and made up, obviously . LeBron holding a press conference "show" on television to announce for Miami also showed no class.

We had five great years together and one terrible night," Gilbert told James, and so started the process of reconciliation on Sunday night in Miami. "I told him how sorry I was, expressed regret for how that night went and how I let all the emotion and passion for the situation carry me away. I told him I wish I had never done it, that I wish I could take it back."

And soon, James told Gilbert that he wished he had never done "The Decision" on cable television and that they had made mistakes together, that they could move past it. From James and his agent Rich Paul and business manager Maverick Carter, the air of peace hung heavy in the South Florida air, the process of returning to Cleveland had begun in earnest. Soon, they had stopped talking about the past and talked about the possibility of a future together and for the first time – truly the first time – the possibility of reunification had become genuine.

Did you know Dan Gilbert almost bought the Milwaukee Brewers in 2004? Too bad he didn't because he is committed to winning as an owner.

The amount of Gilbert’s bid to buy the Brewers wasn’t disclosed. The Selig family opted to sell the team to Mark Attanasio, founder of Dallas-based investment firm Crescent Capital Partners, for $200 million.

Gilbert, foreshadowing the future, publicly aired his disappointment over the decision.

“I am deeply disappointed that the Brewers have chosen another direction in the sale of the club,” he said in a statement at the time. “After nearly eight long months of negotiations, I believed we were on the verge of announcing a deal when I was informed of the Brewers’ decision to sell the team to another party.”

He then turned his sights on the Cavaliers.

The Goose is golden. Cavs in 6.
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    They kissed and made up, obviously . LeBron holding a press conference "show" on television to announce for Miami also showed no class.

Which he admits was a mistake. If the aggrieved parties have forgiven one another, I think that stuff just needs to be forgotten.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast