Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Top 25 +1

Pre-Season Top 25 +1

http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...op-25-and-one/

Four BE teams in the Top 25, including two in the Top 5!

Had Whitehead returned, it would have been five in the Top 25.

Seton Hall could surprise some people. Losing Whitehead really hurts, but they do return 4 other starters and have a transfer PG coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Seton Hall could surprise some people. Losing Whitehead really hurts, but they do return 4 other starters and have a transfer PG coming in.
    Yep. The transfer is Jevon Thomas from K-State. Also have 4 star recruit Myles Powell from New Jersey who is reputed to be an outstanding 3 point shooter. Shooting has been a thorn in SHU's side at times.

I love the fact that Butler is getting love, but I don't see them as a Top 25 team.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    I think even without Whitehead, Seton Hall will be a top 3 team in our league. They lose a senior backup guard and Whitehead, but almost all others that saw big minutes for that team were frosh and sophs. Add in a transfer point as Fletch indicated, and I think you are looking at a top 20 team.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I love the fact that Butler is getting love, but I don't see them as a Top 25 team.
    Butler loses the last of the Brad Stevens guys in Dunham and Jones who have been a big part of the Bulldogs success the past 2 seasons.

As a sophomore, Jevon Thomas averaged only 4.5 ppg and 3.3 apg in 25.8 mpg. Plus he shot only 37.8% overall from the field, 52.5% from the line, and 28.6% on treys (made 8 treys in 31 games). I'm not sure how much of an impact he'll have even if he does start at point.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think even without Whitehead, Seton Hall will be a top 3 team in our league. They lose a senior backup guard and Whitehead, but almost all others that saw big minutes for that team were frosh and sophs. Add in a transfer point as Fletch indicated, and I think you are looking at a top 20 team.
    Got to disagree on this one, as a team that has poor/inconsistent point guard play will struggle against good teams. Also, Derrick Gordon was a steady influence on that team when the young guys went off track. I will likely have Seton Hall seventh in preseason Big East predictions because of their weakness at point guard.
    #BringShakaHome

Kadeem Carrington could be a scoring PG.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Got to disagree on this one, as a team that has poor/inconsistent point guard play will struggle against good teams. Also, Derrick Gordon was a steady influence on that team when the young guys went off track. I will likely have Seton Hall seventh in preseason Big East predictions because of their weakness at point guard.
    Point taken Warriorfan, but I think if the Hall comes in 7th in the BE that will mean no NCAA and I think Willard would be on the hot seat as there are expectations coming into this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast