Thread: Why We Do What We Do

Why We Do What We Do

Let me clarify something for some of you on this board. I am not "Anti LaVall" or rooting for the program to fail. Never did. Never will.

What I am doing is actively opposing an unethical, immoral, incompetent, lying, unqualified joke of an Athletic Director who at this point is not worthy of running a McDonald's much less being the Athletic Director of a D1 school. She was unqualified when she was hired, and remains so today. Since she was hired, she has demonstrated that she has severe deficiencies in "people skills", leadership, accountability, honesty, integrity, and overall professionalism.

I am also actively opposing a university administration that has tolerated this situation for far too long and refuses to even speak to the concerns raised by many people

Opposing her is opposing all those things she embodies. I want LaVall to work for someone who is not a complete farce and a vindictive, selfish, and generally horrible person. He deserves better, as do his players.

Those of you not joining our cause are necessarily actively supporting all the aforementioned behaviors and actions. You are telling the world it is:

• ok to lie to players and parents on critical items
    • ok to jerk around corporate partners simply to display your power
    • ok to lie to, disrespect, defame, and possibly defraud university donors
    • ok to lie to administrators about your actions
    • ok to act outside the chain of command
    • ok to make the support, education, betterment, and success of 18 - 22 year old students under your charge secondary to self promotion and egoism intended to do nothing but further a personal agenda
    • ok to use employment status as a weapon to be used to reinforce the message that any dissent will not be tolerated
    • ok to fire members of the staff for petulant and personal reasons having nothing to do with performance and then lie openly about it

I seek the termination of the Athletic Director because she has done every one of these things, and more, and is an untrustworthy, unprofessional, and unethical person who does not deserve her position and should not represent my university, or any university. Clearly she is a failure, both as a professional and as a human being.

I also seek the termination of her boss, Chancellor Mark Mone, who has refused to demand ethical behavior, accountability and professionalism, and has demonstrated he is incapable of leading a $500 million per year venture, funded in large part by tax dollars, and expected to teach positive character traits to the students enrolled in it. Clearly he has failed in his basic mission.

So continue to delude yourself with the belief that my position is a simple matter of a single coach. Continue the lie that this is a small issue.

If I have any ability to influence the events of the next few weeks, and I believe I do, you will soon see this is far from a small issue, and far from an issue of a single fired coach or even wins and losses. It is about accountability, and I am doing all I can to bring it....and if I even marginally succeed, there will be substantial changes.

And then....LaVall and his players, and all student athletes, will be given the tools and support the need to win....on and off the court.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

I don't know the identities of the members of this board and vice versa, and I don't care. What I (we) care about is our alma mater, and particularly, the leadership of our university, athletics or otherwise. Which is why so many of us flock to this message board in the first place. Although some may post more than others and some just choose to lie in the weeds and soak up the information, we care. Deeply. Like i said, I don't know who you are DarkHawk - it doesn't matter - but to hear the passion that comes from you and others is refreshing and energizing. If only those in charge held the same standards as those mentioned above. We'd be in a much better place...If only the university powers that be cared for the students/faculty/supporters as much as some of the people here, this truly could be a sleeping giant waiting to explode into something so special. It's depressing to know what our university could be, not just athletically, but in general. And to be lead by such inept, deceitful, & lie filled academic and athletic professionals is infuriating to say the least, which is why true character and conviction, from the top down, are what is needed to fix it.

Bravo DarkHawk, bravo

I said I was going to take the summer off, but I will respond to this one.

I certainly knew right where you stand. I doubt I've seen all of your posts, but what I have seen, it's been basically my view/frustration as well.

I'm assuming you're posting this here for those of us who no longer go to the other board? As I'm not sure anyone over here didn't understand where you were coming from. But I can certainly see how several on the other board probably didn't and still don't get it.

P.S. I was holding out 15% that I would renew my tickets next year purely to support the kids who are coming back. With Jordy now officially gone, there goes that last 15%. I cannot support an athletic department run by the current admin.

Note: The only way I could see me going to a game is if we can get shirts made that say something like "I am here to support the Players and Coaches. I do not agree with or support the Admin and want them fired." Something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
    I'm assuming you're posting this here for those of us who no longer go to the other board? As I'm not sure anyone over here didn't understand where you were coming from. But I can certainly see how several on the other board probably didn't and still don't get it.
    You are correct. I cross posted this for the benefit of those who don not still use the other forum. It was in no way intended for the majority of this forum, who I believe share my positions.

As for taking time off, I beg you to reconsider. Take the time, money and talents you may have used for the program and lend it to our effort to force accountability and change. Do not just quietly accept the status quo...we have done that for FAR too long. Reach out to Jimmy or me and we can help direct you to things you can do to help us help UWM. We need you...all of you. Things can change, if we stay engaged and demand it.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Well, Hawk, Jimmy, Send me a private message of what you guys are doing and how I might be able to help.