Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New announcer

New announcer

Any ideas on who the next announcer will be?

My guess is the choice of Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations, will be Andy Masur. He filled in for Bill Johnson when he was in the hospital and also when Bill was on the suspension for joking beards can make it difficult to go through the airport - and by Bill I mean Bill Johnson, not Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations. He's good friends with Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations. They're both Chicago guys and whether or not Masur was doing the play-by-play on the radio or on Time Warner Sports, he'd always be hanging around Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations before the game, after the game, and at Goolsby's for post-game. It's not often you would see Andy Masure around the Milwaukee Basketball program without Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations by his side. Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations.

Who is this Bill Behrns guy?

Are you referring to Experienced radio/TV play-by-play announcer Andy Masur? http://www.andy-masur.com/radio-pbp-host-anchor

I hear he's tight with Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Ahh, but you all forget: Mike Wickett of 105.7 The Fan has been an apologist for, and kissing the ass of Amanda Braun, Director of Athletics, since this whole affair started.

That trumps Bill Berhns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations in my book. If you're gonna bury your head in someone's ass, you go straight for the top one, not the deputy.

Am i the first to notice that the title of Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations, in acronym form, is "SAADER"? i know i'm not the only one to feel how appropriate that is.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Oh Noes...

Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations, may have left the program. Someone was just inquiring about him on the eunuch board.

What on earth can, what on earth will our intrepid Director of Athletics, Amanda Braun, do without the able assistance of one Bill Behrns, Senior Associate Athketic Director for External Relations?

Oh, the humanity...

His bio is still up if you google it so it must have happened recently.

I'm guessing he may have been surreptitiously observed cracking a smile while passing a picture in the hallway of one of Rob's championship teams.

I kid, I kid. I'm sure those photos have all been tossed by now.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    His bio is still up if you google it so it must have happened recently.

I'm guessing he may have been surreptitiously observed cracking a smile while passing a picture in the hallway of one of Rob's championship teams.

I kid, I kid. I'm sure those photos have all been tossed by now.
    According to the eunuch board, he went (back) to Loyola University Chicago. His Linked In profile says he's "Assistant Athletics Director - Communications," a position he held there before, as of September 2016, so yes, it happened quite recently.

Did they announce a replacement for Bill Johnson, or is the position still open?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Scott Warras is taking over as the play-by-play voice for the Panther Men's Basketball broadcasts.

He's been doing the Women's broadcasts for a long time. I imagine the department will have to find soneone to replace him. It's probably impractical for him to do both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast