Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA DRAFT COMBINE Iffy on draft? NCAA rule ‘a win-win'...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Just curious. I would think most kids that test the waters would really like to be able to stay in the draft. From what I've ready, Hayes really wants to be in the NBA, and I can't blame him.

I do worry about some of these guys that may not be all in for college, but are somewhat forced to go back. Do they abandon the team aspect and concentrate on the couple things the NBA people told them they need to improve? I could just see some players that might be close, like Hayes and Whitehead, getting away from what made them very good college players in an attempt to make them more attractive to the League. Every kid is different, but it will be interesting to watch.
    In Whitehead's case, I would guess that scouts would tell him to primarily improve on shot selection/decision making. Whitehead only hit 39% of his two-point attempts, and a lot of that came from taking contested shots (deep twos and driving recklessly to the rim). Seton Hall would be better off if Whitehead's game matures in that fashion.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    In Whitehead's case, I would guess that scouts would tell him to primarily improve on shot selection/decision making. Whitehead only hit 39% of his two-point attempts, and a lot of that came from taking contested shots (deep twos and driving recklessly to the rim). Seton Hall would be better off if Whitehead's game matures in that fashion.
    Sounds like he's gone. He has 2 workouts scheduled next week after the deadline.

Nigel Hayes returning for his senior season.

Seth Davis on how to improve the NBA Draft evaluation process:

http://www.campusrush.com/2016-nba-d...805302880.html

The decisions of Dunn, Ellenson, Bentil, Hart, Bluiett and Jenkins make sense. I think Whitehead should have returned to school like Hayes did today. Sounds like a McDonald's All-American that could not see himself in college longer than a year or two. I hope the draft projections are wrong and Whitehead gets picked earlier than 55 to 60. Too bad for Seton Hall fans, they had top 10 potential if Whitehead returned. Still a solid team.

Knowledgable and decent Badger friends think Bucky better off if Hayes had not returned. Concerned he cannot shoot and will try to play himself into the Association. Interesting theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Knowledgable and decent Badger friends think Bucky better off if Hayes had not returned.
    If he's as disengaged as he looked last season, I can see how they'd think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Knowledgable and decent Badger friends think Bucky better off if Hayes had not returned. Concerned he cannot shoot and will try to play himself into the Association. Interesting theory.
    I alluded to this earlier in the thread. Hayes, like most of the others that put in for the draft, want to go to the NBA. Seems he was lobbying the Celtics who have 3 first rounders. Will Hayes now focus on himself over the team, trying to prove he is a NBA outside shooter? Sometimes this doesn't work out, and I wonder if Seton Hall, who had chemistry issues 2 years ago, may have had issues had Whitehead come back.

I actually think the Bucks may want to look at Whitehead in the 2nd round.

I would stay away from Whitehead. He definitely has some talent, but he is a mediocre outside shooter as a 2 guard, and while he has some point guard skills, he is not, in my mind, an NBA point guard. But even more importantly, he just does not seem like a "We" player, but more of an "I" player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast