Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Michaels Show 5-11-16

Well I don't know if "ambition" has been the problem with the UWM athletic directors. I find it more to be an issue of "competence." The University has just made a bunch of shitty hires.

All in all, I would have much preferred to have had an A.D. like Charlie Gross, someone who liked the community, liked the students, liked the fans and liked going to games.

The only thing he'd be doing behind the scenes is trying to make the program as good as it can be with what it has.

I covered Charlie's teams when he was activities director at Homestead and there was hardly ever a sporting event that he missed -- basketball game, tennis match or cross country meet.

Carroll College got a very good individual.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12